Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Will fingerprinting at the airport be the next security measure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will fingerprinting at the airport be the next security measure?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2001, 12:56 am

The new FAA regs are laughable except for the one about no knives on board. THey closed the airports for 2 days and this is the best they could do? Let us remember that the hijackers had legitimate purchased tickets with ID to back it up. THey passed through the baggage screen with no questions asked since knives were OK. Tell me one thing that the new FAA regs address that would have prevented this except for the banning of knives? Do they really think that they are going to stop a hijacking by banning tweezers and manicure scizzors? The flight attendent on the flight I took yesterday from Dulles to Newark told me they took her tweezers away from her. Of course there is no consistent manner that the airports are handling these new rules. Example: I flew from Dulles to Newark on Monday. I went through security at Dulles with my carry on bag after showing the security attendent my E Ticket receipt with my travel itenerary and my drivers license. My bag and purse were not hand searched. I did not have to get a boarding pass first. Upon my return this afternoon from Newark to Dulles I could not repeat this process. I was required to go to the United counter first and get a boarding pass before going through security. Both of these airports were starting points for hijacked planes so you would think their policy would be similiar but such is not the case. Also the airports are practically deserted. It is obvious that airline travel is way way down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.