Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best way to meet an international passenger at CDG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2001, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I'm flying in to CDG on Friday arriving at 9:20 AM. My parents are arriving on a different flight at 10:30 AM. None of us are familiar with CDG, so the question becomes, where is the best/easiest place for us to meet? Presumably I can't meet them "at the gate" since they'll have to go through customs. Is there a place after customs where I won't miss them? Or perhaps I could meet them before I go through customs (if this even possible)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Virtually all major airports with international flights have one or more well-marked "MEETING PLACE" or "MEETING POINT". I know in German they are called "Treffpunkt" and in French it should be "point de rendez-vous".

Click on the following link to see the layout of the various CDG terminals. You and the other party shouldbe able to determine the best "rendez-vous" place to meet up. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an...cle=X500520524
Old Mar 14, 2001, 11:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
The first thing to determine is which terminal you are arriving in. Most AC, AF and DL flights from N. America arrive in Terminal 2.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I'd add CO's flights from IAH and EWR to the list of North American arrivals - specifically, Terminal 2C.

I'd guess that most other "flag carriers" that aren't SkyTeam and/or various other types of codeshare/marketing partners are off in the "Big Doughnut", Terminal One.

If one of you is coming into T2 and the other group into T1, you'll have to decide which party will schlepp over to the other terminal (logic would dictate the earlier arriving party to go).
Old Mar 14, 2001, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

I'll be arriving in 2C (Continental) while my parents will be coming into 1 (TWA). I will go meet them.

Non-NonRev's link was very helpful.

[This message has been edited by happymob (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old Mar 14, 2001, 12:21 pm

CDG web site: www.adp.fr

Hunt around in this forum and you'll find that this exact question has been answered in the past 2-3 months. Short answer: Term 1 has 32 numbered exit doors: best place to meet is at one of those doors.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA concierge key; marriott premier platinum; United GS; hilton diamond
Though there may be 32 numbered exit doors there are only two exits out of baggage claim so your best bet is to meet them there I believe it is door 2 and door 32 (34?) I don't fly into terminal one much usually into terminal two on Air Chance
Old Mar 14, 2001, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

The map from Non-nonrev's post is perfect for this. It indicates exactly where the customs exits are on the arrivals level (one is between gates 32 and 34, the other between gates 36 and 2). It should be hard to mess this up, assuming we all get into CDG on time.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Darn, when I saw this thread, I thought you were asking how to meet a stranger, who happens to be an international passenger, at CDG. Now, THAT would have been an interesting topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.