Wiki Posts
Search

MIA to PBI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
MIA to PBI

Does anyone know a good way to get from Miami International Airport to Palm Beach International Airport? Is there a shuttle or bus? If so,how much does it cost?
Many thanks
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:19 pm
Original Member

These are just guesses, but try:
1. Supershuttle
2. Trimet trains. They have a station at MIA airport and have a shuttle bus to PBI from the nearest train stop. However, the trains do not run that often!

Good luck ...
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:40 pm
pjs

Tri-rail is pretty awful. You may want to look into a car service. I have a pretty good one that does the Boca to Miami run for $66, incl. tip. Can't be too much more to get you up to PBI. E-mail me for the number if you want it.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Sometimes it's cost-effective and logistically easier to rent a car and drive up yourself.

This might be a good choice when you

a) have multiple people to transport
b) don't have a super-tight connection at PBI

I did this many times when I ended up flying back to FLL or PBI and my car was parked at MIA, or vice-versa.

If you want to check Tri-Rail schedules and maps, use the link below:
http://www.tri-rail.com/

Good luck on your trip to the Banana Republic! (10-year pris... oops, resident here)

Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
As for the self-drive (car rental) option, National for one apparently treats PBI, FLL & MIA as one locality. You can rent for one and drop off at another w/o OW charges.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
This is very helpful information. I think I will "rent" a car one way using a UA cert.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.