Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Paris and France for 8 days - alternate suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris and France for 8 days - alternate suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2001, 5:01 pm
Suspended

8 days are not too much to spend in Paris.
Lots of good suggestions as to day trips here (add Fontainebleau and if you make ONLY 1 DAY TRIP MAKE IT TO VERSAILLES)
One thing not mentioned here regarding visiting the Loire Valley unless you go with a tour company, the TGV runs only to Tours a wonderful city worth visiting on its own.
TO SEE THE CHATEAUX YOU MUST RENT A CAR.

Suggest you visit the ones mentioned before Chambord is a bit 'cold' since it has little furniture but has a good equestriian show. Include Cheverny (its quite close to Chennonceau)and Villandry which has the most amazing geometric gardens in the Loire Valley, all the above are with 30 mins driving (including time for getting lost) from Tours.
Enjoy

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old Mar 13, 2001, 1:37 pm

Since you're traveling AA in Business, and you would like to visit another country, you might want to change your booking to an "open jaw". You could arrive Paris, go to Amserdam by train and fly back from Amserdam.
Old Mar 13, 2001, 3:57 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
In addition to the above chateaux, I vote for visiting Azay le Rideau, built in the Renaissance style. The entire facade is reflected in the pond-sized moat; in the summer they produce a son-et-lumiere (light and sound) show complete with costumed nobles in their gondolas on the pond.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:43 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
May I suggest a day trip to Le chateau de la tour - see the website http://www.lechateaudelatour.fr

I visited this chateau, @ 1 hour from Paris for lunch with a supplier, and had the best 7 course meal that I've ever had for about $30 !!!! (It's also very reasonable to stay there)

Check out the website

John P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.