Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Express

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2000, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Virgin Express

Has anyone taken Virgin Express? I'm considering taking them from Brussels to Shannon in September since the price is so attractive. It's about $116 for the roundtrip.
Old Jul 1, 2000, 12:51 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Virgin used to fly into Dublin when they were with CityJet. That fell apart a few years back and CityJet finally wound up with AF.

The new Virgin service to Ireland is based out of Shannon. If you are going to Shannon, that may well be a very good price. If you would prefer Dublin, Ryan Air may also be a good bet to check out. Not sure if Ryan Air has a direct to Shannon, but they may have an even better fair via a British Hub.

Can't remeber for sure on the equipment, but if my vision of Shannon a few months ago at 0530 in the morning is correct(looking out the window of a 767-300ER from Atlanta on the way to Dublin) it was a 737 or small Airbus. Bright red.

The service is supposed to be okay, people at the office use them, but I had some bad luck on transcontental fligts with Virgin so I avoid them and their FF program does not work well for me.
Old Jul 1, 2000, 12:57 pm

I have used them for a trouble free London-Brussels trip- On the whole good,book in advance to get the cheapest deals(net or phone). At the airport seats are allocated so you can request what you want. On board you should be offered soft drinks and can buy other refreshments.Not so sure about the grey leather seats but you're not in it too long!
Old Jul 1, 2000, 4:56 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Do they have one class only?
I'm contemplating a Qualiflyer award flight OSL-BCN through Brussels in C-class, and the last segment is offered "Operated by Virgin Express". Maybe I should book coach instead?

[This message has been edited by The Viking (edited 07-01-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.