Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel agreements between Airline and Company

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2000, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Travel agreements between Airline and Company

I was wondering what companies have what agreements with airlines. Such as discounts, First Class travel, etc, etc.

I've heard that Turner has an agreement with Delta and/or AirTran, giving them a discount and giving executives discount on First Class travel.

Does anyone else know of any agreements between airlines and large corporations?

Thanks,
flyer

Old Jun 12, 2000, 1:41 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
They are very common. However please note it is standard practice for the corporation to sign a non-disclosure agreement, when executing.
Old Jun 12, 2000, 2:35 pm

My neighbor who does lots of travel for his company never pays more than $1200 for full Y tickets anywhere in the USA.
Old Jun 12, 2000, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

I know these agreements exist, but does anyone know the terms of them? (discounts, upgrades, etc.)
Old Jun 12, 2000, 3:40 pm
Original Member

Originally posted by flyer:
I know these agreements exist, but does anyone know the terms of them? (discounts, upgrades, etc.)
From what I understand, discounts are largely based on the volume of business that you give a specific airline.

Old Jun 12, 2000, 4:28 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Flyer, you posted in more than one area of the forum the same question. Can you try and keep them limited to one area ?

Corporate discounts are more the norm than not for large companies.
Old Jun 12, 2000, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

I'm sorry, Jeffery. I posted first in the Delta forum since the question was specific to Delta/Turner, then I decided to open it up to the general relationships between airlines and corps.
Old Jun 12, 2000, 7:23 pm

These things are not uncommon at all.

[This message has been edited by executive (edited 11-13-2000).]
Old Jun 15, 2000, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam

When my employer went with United as our preferred carrier in '93, United granted Premier Executive status to all Vice Presidents (a consulting firm, so there were lots of VP's!). AVP's got comped as well, but that may only have been to Premier status.

I thought this was real smart of United and the company - nobody could argue that they'd get more bonus miles by continuing to fly their (old) preferred airline. And it really didn't cost United much - those who flew a lot were going to make Premier Executive anyway; those who flew a little would only get a few bonus miles that year. And the following year, elite status was back to how much you flew, not your corporate level.
Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
My company did something similar when we went to AA. However, I can fly Y on another airline when the fare is a certain percentage below the AA fare, which is easy to do since I fly where AA does not....

Then we have the guidelines about business class travel.....OK on some airlines, but not on others.

As a rule, I can find a fare on my own for 50% to 60% of the "company deal". The deal only helps during peak travel times when fares are extremely high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.