Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are you canceling your travel for the solar eclipse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you canceling your travel for the solar eclipse?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2024 | 8:26 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by econ
Yes, I cancelled over a half-dozen reservations in the past week due to uncertain weather, and then booked that many +1 (well actually +2 since they were one-ways). Thanks no change fees!

View was great from CLE!
Did you have any of these booked as paid tickets on the same airline or redeeming miles from the same frequent flyer program? I was reticent to have booked multiple tickets whose times clashed in case it caused any problems or any were auto-canceled.
Old Apr 10, 2024 | 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by invisible
Need to start making plans for Valenica in 2026.
Valencia. Ill be there for that one, the atmosphere will be something else.
Old Apr 10, 2024 | 11:42 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by salut0
Did you have any of these booked as paid tickets on the same airline or redeeming miles from the same frequent flyer program? I was reticent to have booked multiple tickets whose times clashed in case it caused any problems or any were auto-canceled.
No conflicting reservations on the the same airline. But I had reservations with multiple carriers to work around that. Had to set various reminders to cancel the ones I wouldn't need.

Looking forward to not having to look at detailed weather reports, various cloud forecasts/models for a few years.
Old Apr 10, 2024 | 11:57 am
nsx
Original Poster
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
20 Years on Site

Programs: WN A-list preferred, United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by econ
No conflicting reservations on the the same airline. But I had reservations with multiple carriers to work around that. Had to set various reminders to cancel the ones I wouldn't need.
I had a backup using United miles and a primary flight on Southwest. My Southwest ticket had free same-day changes, and I was able to change to an earlier departure.

The bad weather prompted people to cancel, making it possible for the rest of us to change our plans at reasonable cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.