Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Student Survey]Calling Marriott, Hilton, IHG members- Chance to win Amazon giftcard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Student Survey]Calling Marriott, Hilton, IHG members- Chance to win Amazon giftcard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Dear DCAFly,
Thank you for your participation in the survey as well as your interest in my research. I will return to share the purpose of research, hypotheses, and a summary of the results once the survey data collection is completed.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: american
Suggested revision.

I completed the survey. I strongly encourage a “more than one race” option or to give respondents the option to choose multiple responses. Especially given over 9M people in America identify as more than one race.
muji likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:31 am

survey done
homecountry not asked ?
good questions
greetings
cornelis
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Done.

I look forward to reading about the results of this research.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Kizzy M. Dominguez, thank you so much for your participation and your valuable suggestion to add another option in the ethnicity question. You definitely have a point that this option is necessary for the American population.

Also, thank you nkob and SPN Lifer for your participation as well. As participants' home-country was not the key variable of interest in my survey, I have not included this question, but that is something I could definitely consider for my follow-up survey. Thank you for your suggestion.

Thank you all who have completed the survey so far. I hope to collect about 100 more surveys to conduct a statistically significant analysis. If you know any other FTers who are members of the above three loyalty programs, please let them know about this survey and an opportunity to win the Amazon gift card. You will be directed to a separate Raffles page after the survey, so the survey responses will not be connected with your identity. Also, any further suggestions or comments about the survey are more than welcome!

Last edited by mjshin314; Dec 9, 2019 at 7:36 pm Reason: Merged; no self-bumping of threads
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Thank you all who took the time and effort to participate in my survey! Amazon gift cards have been sent out through email to those who were selected through raffles. You will receive the gift cards by today(Dec 26th).

The total number of surveys collected is insufficient for a valid statistical analysis but I will still share a summary of the survey results very soon.
Thank you once again for your help and insightful suggestions
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mjshin314
Thank you all who took the time and effort to participate in my survey! Amazon gift cards have been sent out through email to those who were selected through raffles. You will receive the gift cards by today(Dec 26th).

The total number of surveys collected is insufficient for a valid statistical analysis but I will still share a summary of the survey results very soon.
Thank you once again for your help and insightful suggestions
We have not heard back
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Update on Survey Results

Dear Keisari,

I apologize for not updating on the study. As mentioned in the earlier quote, I was not able to collect a sufficient number of data to run the data analysis While I needed at least 200 responses to run the analysis, only 62 responses were collected(23 Hilton Honors, 34 Marriott BonVoy, 5 IHG Rewards). So meaningful findings could not be derived based on the data collected among Flytalkers.

The purpose of this study was to identify loyalty program attributes that allow members to feel a sense of pride towards their loyalty program memberships, which in turn, also affect their relationship with the hotel brand.

Although I could not derive results for my study, here is a comparison table of descriptive statistics among the three loyalty program groups (interpretation of these numbers is inconclusive due to a small sample size for each group).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.