Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Student Survey]Calling Marriott, Hilton, IHG members- Chance to win Amazon giftcard

[Student Survey]Calling Marriott, Hilton, IHG members- Chance to win Amazon giftcard

Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Dear FTers,

I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Houston researching hotel loyalty program experiences as part of my dissertation study.

If you are a member of any of the following loyalty programs listed below, I ask for your participation in my survey, which will take around 10 minutes to complete. At the end of the survey, you will be given a chance to participate in a raffle in which 10 individuals will be randomly selected for a $10 Amazon gift card. The survey will close on December 24th and I will share the results of the survey shortly after.

The following loyalty programs were selected based on their number of members to facilitate quick data collection. As each survey was tailored to each loyalty program, please select ONLY ONE (your most actively used loyalty program) survey link to participate.

Marriott Bonvoy: http://hrmuh.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...KnuxiHVntkRZjf

Hilton Honors: http://hrmuh.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...SDCnoEj9fzoVnf

IHG Rewards Club: http://hrmuh.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...VQbuSAfZpj0M5f

I have no affiliation with any of these companies and the data collected will not be shared with them. I confirm the survey complies with FT rules.
Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

mjshin314
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
mjshin314 I just completed the Hilton questionnaire and wanted to points out a possible error. In one question I believe it was intended to say something like ".. gives tons of positive world of mouth" but it says "gives tons for positive.."
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your participation and comment Yoshi212.
I will check on that issue right away. Thank you so much.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it would be wise to have accurate information in the survey to begin with

the third level of Marriott Bonvoy is "Platinum Elite" (not "Diamond") and the program has a top tier called "Titanium Elite"

** IMPORTANT ** -- the demographics questions should have a "I choose not to respond" option, and whatever data-crunching algorithm(s) that you employ should take this option into account

Last edited by jrl767; Nov 25, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion jrl767. I have made corrections to the survey. Thank you very much for your participation.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Amex
I want to be charitable, and I fear my response is OT, but about halfway through the survey I bailed out. Is this the product of a doctoral candidate or an ESL student?
If this were for a High School or Community College project I wouldnt say anything, and would have finished the survey. I think such a sloppy and ungrammatical product from what is considered a top flight University is shameful.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Dear jburns513,

Thank you for your time and participation in my survey. I am sorry to hear that you found the readability of my survey to be ungrammatical and sloppy. Actually this survey was designed by adopting survey questions from prior academic studies that were confirmed to be valid and reliable. I understand that academic surveys can be too technical sometimes. If you could give me some suggestions to further improve the survey, as other FTers above have done, it will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:07 pm

Minjung, I just completed the survey. Best wishes to you.

One note: I felt that there were too many questions in the survey, with many of the questions being quite similar to others.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey and for your kind words muji.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Just completed. I was really confused by the number of questions related to how I think others perceive my Hilton experience or others perception of my participation with Hilton. I can't answer for someone else, so a lot of answer were neither agree of disagree.... Really not sure what this survey was trying to achieve, but I feel it missed the mark!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you for completing the survey timfountain. I will post the purpose of the survey with the results once the data collection is completed.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I have to complement you on the way you built the questions
Very clear, very concise, to the point, without too much complications.
I have answered many surveys and I have sent out surveys myself (medical field) and you did a great job
I hope you get the data/results you are looking for.
Good luck and please come back and share the results with us.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Survey filled out!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Dear keisari, thank you so much for completing the survey and for your kind words. I will definitely come back and share the results with you all.
Also, thank you to dinoscool3 for participating in my survey.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I completed it. What exactly is the hypothesis of your research, if I may ask? I understand you're looking at perceptions of hotel loyalty programs, but what exactly are you trying to prove?

I didn't think the grammar was that bad. I also didn't realize how completely ambivalent I was about Hilton until I took the survey.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.