Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon ideas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I did Bangkok, Bali and Hong Kong, all exotic (for me) and a good combination of city and beach. It worked as an excellent way of being culturally quite different but also giving time for relaxation. If I could have changed anything it would have been Hong Kong as it wasn't sufficiently foreign to someone from the UK.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker
We like beaches, but the last few vacations have revolved around beaches. So we were trying to find something a bit different. I've been to Italy and Greece, but my fiance has never been to Europe. We were thinking of doing some major sighseeing and I personally know more about Europe than Thailand/Maldives.

We love inspiration hotels and want to fly first class whereever we go in a cool first class experience. We love spas and such, which I hear Thailand has some really good ones at cheaper prices. We are animal lovers, but I hate the heat, so Thailand concerns me with the heat.

I guess what I was wanting was ideas on what others have done or experienced in both locations. I don't know if we will get to do another huge trip like this again for a few years as we plan on having kids pretty soon after marriage as we are both older. I think if we do Thailand/Maldives we plan to do Maldives for 4-5 nights, Thailand for 5-7 and maybe one other location for 2-3. Depending on if we could find another cool location. We were looking into Sri Lanka/Thailand/Maldives in some order. We prefer Maldives to be our last stop to just relax before returning.

If we do Europe we are looking at London for 4 nights, Paris for 3 and one or two other locations for 3 each. I even thought about London/Paris/Maldives since it would kind of blind both locations.
Keep in mind that anything involving the Maldives will necessitate additional travel, meaning travel through connecting airports. And something like London/Paris/Maldives, or Thailand/Maldives is going to mean spending a crazy amount of time in airports and commuting. Keep it simple. One city, one beach if all you have is two weeks. Otherwise it doesn't feel like a honeymoon but a business trip.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
We went to South Africa and Mauritius for our honeymoon. South Africa was the active part - safari, driving the garden route and exploring Cape Town and surrounds (including lots of wine!), Mauritius was the relaxing bit. Highly recommend both.

We used a BA Amex 2-4-1 to fly F to CPT, and J back from MRU. Also flew BA (Comair) domestically in RSA, and could have flown them to MRU, but ended up flying Air Mauritius (very nice short haul J).
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: QRPC
I have been to the Maldives about 6 times now. Phenomenal place of course. Personally I like to do two resorts in one trip as after about 4-5 days I've seen everything in that resort and like to see something new. This year, we're going to the Seychelles for the first time.

I would like to throw in another special place we have been once. Seems a perfect place for a honeymoon:
Cook Islands in general and Aitutaki in particular. Stunning beaches, extremely remote and very welcoming, friendly and helpful people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.