Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport date of issue obvious error dated year 184

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by barbapapa
Finally there after explaining that it was not their fault but that on India side they printed random numbers. Obviously they could have checked the dates before stamping but apparently there is too many passport for that. So they stamp blindly
This is pretty terrible from VFS side, and knowing that they charge a hefty "service fee"; I would make a complaint to re-coop some of that, or look at launching a complaint with UK Trading Standards; as it's clear the service they are charging the fee for is not being used appropriately.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I would get it fixed. That said, when I went in to renew my Global Entry the first time, agent was taking a long time reviewing it on his computer. Finally he said that my date of birth had been listed as 1834. Since I obviously wasn’t that old he had been trying to fix it on their computer. So no one had noticed in 5 years.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
That's a pretty terrible act of customer non-service.

I've used these private white-glove services for visas many times. (They obviously do passports too, but I've never been abroad at the point in time I needed a renewal.) Their entire value-add, and the reason their fees are often well more than the consular fees, is because they triple-check everything and make sure your papers are in order both ways. The current company I use, which is one of the big ones many here have heard of, would almost certainly *not* send me back my passport with an obvious typo in it.
VFS is a private company to which document handling has been outsourced. They generally don't care because they aren't a visa/passport agent or white glove service, they are really a courier agency who receive and return documents.
Often1 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by devdas
VFS is a private company to which document handling has been outsourced. They generally don't care because they aren't a visa/passport agent or white glove service, they are really a courier agency who receive and return documents.
This. They are a contractor to the Indian government, one does not have a choice, and they could care less about the individual because the individual has no choice. They stand in the shoes of the government (of India).

All of that said, when there are paperwork errors, it always pays to get them fixed. It is all about the one lone check in agent at an airport or passport control officer somewhere who does not really care that one looks quite well for someone born in 184 (presumably A.D.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.