Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

I hate concur!!!

I hate concur!!!

Old Aug 29, 19, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

I hate concur!!!

PM - Anyone else have to book their company airfare through Concur? I would much rather pay with one my Amex Cards to get the points, and because the fare class is so discounted not only do you not qualify for upgrades you canít even purchase the upgrade! ...!!!!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:51 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
This doesn't appear to be Delta specific so alerting mods but, to answer your question, I would imagine hundreds of thousands of people book their corporate travel using Concur tools daily.
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Concur is a booking platform front-end to any number of GDSes and travel agencies, and simply implements whatever travel policies your corporate travel management chooses to implement. Some companies explicitly exclude non-flexible fares like DL's Basic Economy from Concur - they don't even show up.

Your beef is not with Concur, it's with the policies your travel managers choose to implement in Concur.

P.S. Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Aug 29, 19, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL gives some level of preference for upgrades to corporate travelers, so if your employer has a contract, this should help. Moreover, the discounts affect the price but not the fare class, so that should help a lot for upgrades since fare class is just below status tier in the factors that determine upgrade priority.

What is your status with DL? Unless you're a DM, you cannot expect free upgrades on elite heavy business routes, especially at consultant times. It might help to know more details about your travel patterns.
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
The problem that I notice is that Concur shows different inventory than say Delta. I assume that's because my company doesn't want me flying on very expensive tickets - and therefore the flight doesn't show as available on Concur.

Welcome to Flyer Talk!
Old Aug 29, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 1 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT PM AMB, Hilton Diamond
As stated previously my company must not have these settings, I have no problem using concur and getting upgrades.
Old Aug 29, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by estedman View Post
As stated previously my company must not have these settings, I have no problem using concur and getting upgrades.
i can only guess that perhaps the OP is being forced to buy basic economy fares, which aren't changeable, upgradeable, etc. That's the employer's travel policy decision, not concur. Some employers have concur set *not* to ever show BE fares.
Old Aug 29, 19, 3:05 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Concur excludes BE on my view, and does allow me to pay with my own card. Play around with it, try to add your own card, and you might be surprised there's more flexibility than you think.
Old Aug 29, 19, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not sure why there is yet another thread about the alleged evils of Concur (and Egencia). Concur is simply compliance software which can be set to anything your employer wishes, e.g. no F travel, only BE, only certain carriers and so on. It can also be set up so that one may book exceptions and complete an explanation or that one may book exceptions which require someone's approval.

It is also possible that your employer has negotiated for BULK and other restricted fares and has essentially bargained away your perks in return for a lower fare. Finally, it is also your employer's decision to require the use of its corporate card. Concur can be set up to send through personal card information as well.

Thus, just as with all the other, "I hate Concur" threads, this is a labor relations matter and has nothing to do with Concur, the corporate TA. the air carrier, or anyone other than your employer.
Old Aug 29, 19, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
We use Concur, but we're able to use our own cards and ours is configured to block basic economy fares along with Spirit/Frontier.

Now if I could just get it to stop counting Delta's extra legroom product on international flights as premium economy...
Old Aug 29, 19, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by txflyer77 View Post
We use Concur, but we're able to use our own cards and ours is configured to block basic economy fares along with Spirit/Frontier.

Now if I could just get it to stop counting Delta's extra legroom product on international flights as premium economy...
You may not be able to, but your employer can do this with a few keystrokes.
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by CDB1130 View Post
PM - Anyone else have to book their company airfare through Concur?
Yes.

Because we own them.

As people have mentioned what you can and can't do is not due to concur directly, but rules/policies of the company's profile. These rules/policies are very flexible and customizable.

So your beef is not with Concur but company's T/E policies which translate into Concur profile.
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Concur sounds like improved means to an unimproved end.
Old Aug 30, 19, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
i can only guess that perhaps the OP is being forced to buy basic economy fares, which aren't changeable, upgradeable, etc. That's the employer's travel policy decision, not concur. Some employers have concur set *not* to ever show BE fares.
exactly, that is how mine works (no BE fares). Concur is configurable per company travel policies. While it has its own issues the OPís rant is something different.
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:09 pm

OP may want to reach out to the Corp travel department to find out the specific policies. As others have said, Concur simply implements the policies.

With that said, there are certain things that our travel department can do that Concur can't, even though policies allow it. So for certain trips, usually international, I call in to get specific routings. Although I don't request specific fare classes, as usually we have discounted biz for international and discounted first for domestic positioning legs. I'm just happy to get Delta one, or partner equivalent.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: