Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong middle name on ticket issue???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Wrong middle name on ticket issue???

I'm sorry if this is a stupid post but I'm freaking out. I'm going on a flight booked through a US gov contracted travel agency and booked my wife a ticket. I gave them her given middle name for the middle name slot only to realize after she was ticketed that she uses her maiden name on her driver's license. I put a call in to the travel agency and the rep I got (after being on hold for 45 mins) said not to worry about it. A few websites have said likewise. I asked American Airlines the question as well and their response was quite the opposite. They also said they couldn't change it themselves since it was booked 3rd party. Any experience dealing with this???
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:36 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk @bkrell76 !

Is this a Domestic flight (within the USA) or is this an In'tl flight?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Domestic
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

It's SHV-BOS and back
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by bkrell76
Domestic
As long as her first and last name match her government issued photo ID - you should be just fine! Have a good trip.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Excellent. It makes sense and that's what my agent said. I just don't know why the American customer service said otherwise.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by bkrell76
Excellent. It makes sense and that's what my agent said. I just don't know why the American customer service said otherwise.
Yes because by 'rule' names must match exactly, but in 'practice' (domestically) it's alright. AA agent gave you the right information, and they don't want to held liable for giving out info that goes against the published rules (even if they are aware lenient practices may exist).
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Ah ok. I guess that makes sense! Thanks for the quick response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.