Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How to drop the last segment properly

How to drop the last segment properly

Old Nov 27, 18, 2:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,117
How to drop the last segment properly

I need to drop the last segment of my itinerary and that's first time I am doing this, so not really sure how to do it correctly (in order not to get in trouble myself and do not create unneeded complications for the carrier).
I have two flights left from the ticket, and I could not check in online separately for the first one, no such option was offered. So currently I am checked in for both, while I will fly only the first of two.

What to do now?

1) Request to cancel my check-in for the second flight at the airport counter?
2) Inform the staff explicitly that I am not going to take last flight? Should I give a reason in such case?
3) Do nothing, pretending I just missed the last flight.

I fly on Jet Airways, if that is important.
barracuda93 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:23 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 47,484
Generally, I'd just no-show the 2nd segment.

Also, generally you can't short-check a bag for just the first segment. There are exceptions to this rule, and there are itineraries where you could check a bag and collect it after the 1st segment for a customs check. Mostly, segment-skippers have to go with a carry-on only.

If you post the routing people may be able to provide more specific advice.
pinniped is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:02 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,120
1) No bag - do nothing, just skip it. Period
2) Checekd bag - try to get it short checked (unlikely unless long layover), otherwise SOL.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 12:34 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,751
If you have checked baggage and they won't short check it, reschedule the last leg (the one you want to drop) for > 24 hours after the previous one. You need a stopover rather than a layover to get the bag back.
ft101 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 2:53 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC, CDG, NCE
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 2,475
This is not universally true.
I routinely get short checked bags, on <24hr stops, as long as there is an overnight.
Changing from a layover to a stopover (less than 24 hours to more than 24hours) will most likely significantly raise your fare, though, in addition to any change fee.

(I've even gotten them on long same day (8+hour) stops, but that's probably been a favor for a frequent flyer.)


Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
If you have checked baggage and they won't short check it, reschedule the last leg (the one you want to drop) for > 24 hours after the previous one. You need a stopover rather than a layover to get the bag back.
remyontheroad is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 5:30 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,751
Originally Posted by remyontheroad View Post
This is not universally true.
I routinely get short checked bags, on <24hr stops, as long as there is an overnight.
Changing from a layover to a stopover (less than 24 hours to more than 24hours) will most likely significantly raise your fare, though, in addition to any change fee.

(I've even gotten them on long same day (8+hour) stops, but that's probably been a favor for a frequent flyer.)
On Jet Airways?
ft101 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 6:56 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,117
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Generally, I'd just no-show the 2nd segment.
Also, generally you can't short-check a bag for just the first segment. There are exceptions to this rule, and there are itineraries where you could check a bag and collect it after the 1st segment for a customs check. Mostly, segment-skippers have to go with a carry-on only.
If you post the routing people may be able to provide more specific advice.
No bags. Flying DEL–BKK–CGK according to itinerary, in fact just to BKK.

Thanks to everyone, apparently I just gotta go through immigration as soon as arrive to BKK and no-show to the last flight.
barracuda93 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 11:59 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NC
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat - 2MM miles
Posts: 8,464
Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
No bags. Flying DELBKKCGK according to itinerary, in fact just to BKK.

Thanks to everyone, apparently I just gotta go through immigration as soon as arrive to BKK and no-show to the last flight.
So long as you aren't flying back later, just be a no show.
Redhead is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 1:13 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC, CDG, NCE
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 2,475
Nope.
Is it a hard and fast rule on Jet?

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
On Jet Airways?
remyontheroad is offline  
Old Nov 29, 18, 10:32 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,117
They managed to delay the first flight in a way that connection won't physically be possible anyway LOL. Didn't care to look for ground-staff after, too tired after the flight. Perhaps will e-mail them and ask if they can offer to use the last segment later.
barracuda93 is offline  
Old Dec 3, 18, 10:03 am
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,808
Just "miss" the second flight. No biggie, they will fill the seat with a standby.

But DON'T CHECK LUGGAGE!!

Don't do this on an outbound trip, only the homebound trip. They could cancel your entier itinerary, so skipping the very last segment is safest.


Lastly, don't make a habit of it. Airlines get wise to this if you do it regularly.
Proudelitist is offline  
Old Dec 3, 18, 10:51 am
  #12  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 46,687
The correct answer is that there was no correct answer until OP provided the name of the carrier and the route. What may work on Carrier A for Route X, may not work elsewhere.

In OP's situation, he is entitled to a refund of the misconnecting segment. Just has to make the request.
Often1 is offline  
Old Dec 3, 18, 7:44 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,117
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
In OP's situation, he is entitled to a refund of the misconnecting segment. Just has to make the request.
Will try it, though won't really pursue if denied. Thanks.
barracuda93 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: