Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the three hour rule exceptions

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

the three hour rule exceptions

The faa rules state the maximum time before deplaning or providing services.

Under extreme temperature shouldn't there be better limits. For example cabin temperatures of 10 degrees or above 90 with no air conditioning or heat.4
And in the case of over 90 no cold water or beverages, free or not.
what say you?
Such extremes happen.
Should passengers be allowed to deplane under extreme temperatures?
Old May 28, 2018, 4:05 am

Did you have a bad experience recently on a Delta flight?
Old May 28, 2018, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
FWIW - this is a DOT regulation.

So if you have a problem, in DL's perspective - talk to DOT.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:08 am

In most cases the airlines use pretty good common sense. All of my really bad experiences have involved being diverted. Mostly while trying to get into jfk. It is tough for the airline when they get diverted to an airport where they have no presence or where there is no ability to off load international passengers. I would think if I. The above mentioned conditions the airline can off load they would and it is very hard for the dot to anticipate some of the other situati9ns that occur. Like I said mine have mostly been weather related
Old May 28, 2018, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Need the specifics of your situation. All kinds of permutations here, so without the details you're going to get a lot of speculation.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:44 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

As this is not specific to Delta, please continue to follow this thread in TravelBuzz.
Thanks....
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Old May 28, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by overdahill
The faa rules state the maximum time before deplaning or providing services.

Under extreme temperature shouldn't there be better limits. For example cabin temperatures of 10 degrees or above 90 with no air conditioning or heat.4
And in the case of over 90 no cold water or beverages, free or not.
what say you?
Such extremes happen.
Should passengers be allowed to deplane under extreme temperatures?
Once off the gate the a/c is run by th engines. They don't shut them both down. Thus a/c will still run. I did six hours at JFK of taxing and waiting, plus going back to gate once, and unloading at old T3 finally last August. One engine is all that is needed to keep a/c going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.