Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Horizontally challenged

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by kobolcs
I prefer travel as comfortable as possible, but I am not a sheik to own a boeing777 customized to my needs.
missed the point completely....

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I completely agree. AA has the same configuration in their E175s and are 3 or 4 inches narrower in first according to seat guru. Also, according to SeatGuru United Polaris First on a 744 or 777 is 22 inches wide. I’m really skeptical of the 24 inch SeatGuru number on E175s.

According to UA, Polaris seats are only 20.something. The numbers don't add up.

Otherwise I don't have much to add. I can say that KLM WBC mockup felt a bit too tight in lie-flat shape. LH J seat (this time airplane mounted) felt much more comfortable, even if just couple inches wider.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by kobolcs
I prefer travel as comfortable as possible, but I am not a sheik to own a boeing777 customized to my needs.
None of us can "have it all". If you aren't willing to make the lifestyle choices that result in not being "horizontally challenged", then there are adverse consequences, unfortunately.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
missed the point completely....

According to UA, Polaris seats are only 20.something. The numbers don't add up.

Otherwise I don't have much to add. I can say that KLM WBC mockup felt a bit too tight in lie-flat shape. LH J seat (this time airplane mounted) felt much more comfortable, even if just couple inches wider.
I was looking at first on international flights. They may not be Polaris. I’m not that familiar with UA’s naming convention.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Those of us who aren’t “horizontally challenged” don’t simply have our size handed to us.

i work out for an hour a day from 5:45am to 6:45am during the workweek, and usually an hour a day on weekends, and pass up a lot of good food. That keeps me from being “horizontally challenged”.

Would you prefer to have to deal with that regimen? Or would you prefer a less-comfortable flight every now and then? The latter, which is the choice you’ve made, is definitely an easier and likely more enjoyable choice.
Surprised it took until post #11 to get this one. Flyertalk is going soft!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by pinniped
Surprised it took until post #11 to get this one. Flyertalk is going soft!
Yeah, I’m stunned it wasn’t in the top 3.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 84fiero
UA's site claims 20" on the E-175 and 24" on the E-170. 24" seems hard to believe.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx
Does Seatguru pull the dimension data from the airlines? I guess it makes sense that it would, and then a flurry of user comments would expose if it was obviously wrong.

Of course, user comments would be quick to point out the pitch being worse than stated...people aren't likely to pay attention to F width unless the seat is abnormally narrow.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Those of us who aren’t “horizontally challenged” don’t simply have our size handed to us.

i work out for an hour a day from 5:45am to 6:45am during the workweek, and usually an hour a day on weekends, and pass up a lot of good food. That keeps me from being “horizontally challenged”.

Would you prefer to have to deal with that regimen? Or would you prefer a less-comfortable flight every now and then? The latter, which is the choice you’ve made, is definitely an easier and likely more enjoyable choice.
There's always one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.