Packing style

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Packing style

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
I can be a very good packer. I can be a horrible packer as I discovered this summer on my 10 day trip to the UK and Germany. I ended up with a bag that was too small to fit stuff I had bought from shopping, a bag that was falling apart and then carrying a backpack that was too heavy and causing problems for my neck and shoulders/back.

Lesson learned. But it doesn't help the airport/railway stations charge a lot of money to store bags for 24 hours or more...it quickly becomes too expensive to store bags you wished you could. Instead of dragging everything around from hotel to hotel.

Ended up buying a new suit case which still turned out to be too small for all my stuff....so, I need to improve in this aspect of planning.

Last edited by wolf72; Sep 13, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I roll my clothes into packing cubes. So easy and compact.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I use the Gate-8 Tri-Fold bag. Fits 4 suits on hangers or 6 shirts on hangers. The remaining shirts I have folded by my Dry Cleaner and pack those in the pocket. Laptop bag zips on for airport travel and off for office days. Outstanding bag and highly recommend for anything up to a 5-6 day trip.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I roll my clothes into packing cubes. This allows me to fit more clothes more efficiently into a small space. It does NOT eliminate wrinkles, so if that prospect potentially upsets you, do not roll cotton into a cube.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:34 pm

I roll them. Because you will dig thru them, security will dig thru them probably, and once you dig thru folded clothes, they are not folded anymore.
I use the packing cubes amazon makes, they are wonderful.

Last edited by fredman; Sep 17, 2017 at 12:09 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Packing cubes (incl. compression)! If checked luggage, one "ranger roll" (Tshirt/Undie/Socks) into the backpack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.