Community
Wiki Posts
Search

currency with biggest dimensions...JPY

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

currency with biggest dimensions...JPY

i am looking for a wallet that can fit even the biggest bank notes without damaging the edges.

is the JPY 10,000 the biggest bank note out there?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
At 164 x 76 mm, the 10000 yen note is hardly the biggets banknote out in circulation.
The 500 Euro note is 160x82 mm, so more in area
The Swiss Franc is quite long as well, and about the same height as the 10kJPY.

The biggest I've ever personally seen is the 5000/10000 CFP note clocking in at 172x92mm
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franc_Pacifique

And this is the largest banknote ever issued

To commemorate the Centennial of Independence from more than 300 years of Spanish colonial rule in 1998, the government of the Philippines wanted to do something very special. It issued the world's largest banknote 355.6 mm by 215.9 mm (14" x 8 1/2"), beating the previous record: China Ming Dynasty 1 Kuan 220 mm x 335mm (8 3/4" x 13 1/4").
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
A money clip is useful for situations like these. Fits any currency you care to carry.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:13 am
Original Poster

ok thanks

that PhP100000 is not really used though hehe.

164x82 max is what i will look for. will allow for eur and jpy

i dont think i will ever see a situation where i will have one of those big french bank notes in my possession.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:18 am

I've found that the size of the wallet doesn't really match how big a bill you can fit without having crinkled edges. My wallet carries dollars fine, but beyond that yen and many other currencies get wrinkled at the edges. It is because my wallet's edge tapers off, and when you sit on it (with the wallet in your back pocket) the edges get bent. This is more a function of the stiffness of the wallet, which is created by the credit card placement (how far out to the edge it goes)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The 500 Euro note is 160x82 mm, so more in area
But the 500€ bill is being phased out. Though it still exists, it won't be part of the second series. In other words, the 500€ bill that make it to the bank will probably remain there.

Moreover, that bill was properly useless in most situations as most shops refused to accept them. For valid reason. I witness several times a shady guy trying to buy a 1.something € chewing gum box with a 500€ bill. So many red flags. Funny enough, when the cashier gets suspicious and makes him aware of the "no >200€ bill" rule of the shop, he has a 10€ bill all of a sudden...

My current wallet fits all currencies more or less nicely.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
The Singapore $10000 note is a very large note. I folded it in half in both directions to put it in my wallet. I would guess that it is the largest note actually in circulation. I have handled quite a bit of Philippine cash and have never seen a P100000 note in circulation.

The vast majority of Singaporeans have never seen this note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.