Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Rate Your Favorite Hotel in the Hotels 2017 Poll

Old May 8, 17, 8:56 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Please click here for the article and poll results. <--The link to the survey results will be added here when it is available.

Many factors comprise the experience of staying at a hotel property: the comfort of the bed; amenities such as Wi-Fi and access to a lounge; services such as in-room dining and housekeeping; and the ability to check in to the hotel early and check out late are only a few of myriad factors which determine whether or not your experience will be memorable — either positively or negatively.

Despite stays not always achieving perfection — and, perhaps, there may arguably be fewer instances of positive experiences in recent years than in the past — frequent travelers still have fairly strong opinions about the hotel properties at which they stay...

...and now you can rate your favorite hotel in a new survey known as the Hotels 2017 Poll, which will be active through June 30, 2017.

This poll is the latest on FlyerTalk — the largest Internet travel community in the world with a rich base of travel knowledge — in collaboration with Frequent Business Traveler magazine and LoungeBuddy as part of a continuous series of polls pertaining to air travel, restaurants, hotels and technology. Frequent Business Traveler will provide the poll; FlyerTalk members — yes, you in particular — will provide the opinions.

The primary purpose of this particular discussion is for you to opine, elaborate on your thoughts and relate your experiences pertaining to being a guest at a hotel property.

Results of this survey will be announced both on-line in the magazine and here on FlyerTalk...

...but wait! That’s not all! How about some prizes?

After completing the survey, you will have the opportunity to win prizes which include — but are not limited to:
  • An in-flight bedding set from one of three major airlines
  • Passes to the Delta Sky Club airport lounge
  • A Pan Am amenity kit
  • Or one of several vintage pieces of airline memorabilia

Participation in the short poll should take only a few minutes of your time and minimal effort; so please rate your favorite hotel today and let everyone know what you think in this discussion.
Old May 10, 17, 7:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Bizarre selection of nearest airports LCY but not LGW or Lhr for example.
Old May 11, 17, 5:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Silver, HH D, BA Silver
Thanks for posting about this poll and for working together with them to arrange this. I did note some points where the poll could be improved in future should you wish to consider the points:

-airport choice: it was obviously very hard to be able to allow all airports worldwide, however, for non US home airports, all of England essentially has London airports to choose...and those airports are listed separately instead of under London, Heathrow (currently Heathrow as a stand alone name).

-holel chains one frequents: this only allowed the person taking the poll to select one chain. Many FTers frequent more than one and so you are getting a subset of info for this poll.

Thanks again, will be interesting to see the results. Will there be some demographic to accompany the results (percentage of US to non US people in the poll and varying results accordingly?)

Cheers, BotB
Old May 13, 17, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
There seems to be a misprint in the latest Flyertalk newsletter as it says twice, not once, to rate your favorite airline in the latest hotel poll. Is there somewhere I can forward this email to so they can do a better job of proofreading the newsletter before sending it to the thousands that receive this?
Old May 13, 17, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teddybear99 View Post
There seems to be a misprint in the latest Flyertalk newsletter as it says twice, not once, to rate your favorite airline in the latest hotel poll. Is there somewhere I can forward this email to so they can do a better job of proofreading the newsletter before sending it to the thousands that receive this?
That error has already been reported.
Old May 14, 17, 5:50 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Marriott and starwood run separate programs but are combined in this survey. Illogical. How can I rate the app when they have two different apps.
Old May 31, 17, 12:01 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Survey Misnomer?

Survey I attempted to complete wasn't for a favorite hotel but rather forced one to select a hotel chain & the subsequent questions drastically limited one's responses as if it was for one hotel, when in fact you were judging a chain. Strange.
Old May 31, 17, 4:15 pm

Survey Misnomer?

Yes, I'm in agreement here. "Favorite hotel" seems to me to be little more than a paid survey by a few hotel chains. That's NOT a favorite hotel survey! While in Beijing last year I stayed at a small family run hotel close to the Mutianu section of the Great Wall. It's called the "Flower Yard" and it out shined some of the worlds major chains. They wouldn't have the money to be on anyone's survey but their attention to detail and guest comfort quickly made them one of my absolute favorite hotels

Last edited by mjch18; May 31, 17 at 4:25 pm
Old Jun 1, 17, 1:14 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Originally Posted by travelsavant View Post
Survey I attempted to complete wasn't for a favorite hotel but rather forced one to select a hotel chain & the subsequent questions drastically limited one's responses as if it was for one hotel, when in fact you were judging a chain. Strange.
Completely agree: The questions about room layout, dining options etc. are only meaningful to specific properties, not the chain as a whole.
Old Jun 2, 17, 7:12 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
1) List of home airports much too tiny. How about the ability to write one in?
2) List of occupations has neither "Other" nor "NonProfit"
Old Jun 12, 17, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Looks like that poll writer decided that Vancouver International is no longer YVR... Yet another poorly written poll on frequentbusinesstraveler.com.
Old Jun 12, 17, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
PIT isn't meaningful enough to list, so the poll isn't meaningful enough for me to complete.
Old Jun 15, 17, 7:05 am

Programs: UA
This is a VERY poorly written and conceived survey. I didn't even bother finishing it.
Old Jun 27, 17, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
2) List of occupations has neither "Other" nor "NonProfit"
+1. How can you not have 'Other' as an option.

Originally Posted by ual1234 View Post
This is a VERY poorly written and conceived survey.
+1.

Originally Posted by jfknight View Post
Completely agree: The questions about room layout, dining options etc. are only meaningful to specific properties, not the chain as a whole.
+1.

Honestly, who writes these? Someone paid 50c/hr in India?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: