Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very large group flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Very large group flights?

Last night at dinner my step mom was talking about how her company just signed a deal to provide ground transport and lodging for a 200+ person group in Tanzania. So this morning I got too thinking how organize that.

Would an airline/TA just put people in what ever open flights/seats they have or would they organize a one time charter flight for the group?

Last edited by dcman; Apr 1, 2017 at 10:57 am
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dcman
Would an airline/TA just put people in what ever open flights/seats they have or would they organize a one time charter flight for the group?
It depends. Running an extra section could be cost-effective depending on the route, how long they'll stay at the destination and other factors. But that means negotiating with an airline to charter an aircraft, not to buy NNN seats on scheduled flights. With enough advance notice it is not that hard for an airline to block a large number of seats on a commercial flight.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
With enough advance notice it is not that hard for an airline to block a large number of seats on a commercial flight.
Especially if flying the group into DAR/JRO on several flights
200 is not that big a deal for the ME3 (EK, EY, QR)
200 is only 1 and bit B737's or 60% of an A330
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius...tional_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilima...tional_Airport

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.