Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do you think this is acceptable? Feet almost in your space...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you think this is acceptable? Feet almost in your space...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by pon18n
I'd just slowly match my foot against his, and then apply pressure!
I can't tell you how much this idea delights me. Thanks for the giggle
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:22 pm

Untie his shoe strings. Then tie the shoe strings to that strut / pole that supports the closet door. Then tickle his leg.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
@MSPeconomist - maybe we've just found another use for those gators and crocs you want to have guarding the F cabin and lavs
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I may be in the minority, but this one doesn't bother me too much. He probably has no idea his foot is in your space, and really, it *barely* is.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:57 pm

Give him a hot foot but now that you can't smoke on a planes it's impossible to get away with. Most here probably don't know what a hot foot is.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
@MSPeconomist - maybe we've just found another use for those gators and crocs you want to have guarding the F cabin and lavs
Maybe the OP should start traveling with an emotional support croc/gator to guard against just this circumstance, although it's easier for the animal if shoes are removed. In that case, a few toes provide a nice snack for a youngster.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
No, it's not acceptable and you should get up and tell the person to move their foot...
Excuse me, but you have dog poo on your shoe. That would make them move it pronto.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:06 am

"Excuse me, can you move your foot please?". If they don't, get a little louder for a few times then get a fa to get him to shift.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
On a flight from TLV to LHR the man behind me decided my arm rest would be a great place for his unshod foot. I accidentally bumped him with my elbow. He didn't move. Then once I was aware of the smell I moved my elbow on my arm rest a bit and he removed his foot. This guy had the audacity to tell me "how rude". I didn't shove or complain merely readjusted. Was I rude to use my full arm rest?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ijkh
On a flight from TLV to LHR the man behind me decided my arm rest would be a great place for his unshod foot. I accidentally bumped him with my elbow. He didn't move. Then once I was aware of the smell I moved my elbow on my arm rest a bit and he removed his foot. This guy had the audacity to tell me "how rude". I didn't shove or complain merely readjusted. Was I rude to use my full arm rest?
He was being rude putting his foot there but IMO the best way to handle it is to turn around and ask him firmly with strong eye contact to please move his foot. The common theme I see in threads like this here is many/most don't want to tell the person directly that something is bothering them. I admit I feel that way sometimes, especially when I'm tired, but I do feel the best way is to tell someone directly if they are doing something that's bother you. Of course offender might keep doing it or be rude but that's when you can escalate it to CA if it's really bothersome an inappropriate. Too many want people to.read their minds of do subtle passive things hoping person will get the picture.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta, United
These days folks need to deal with issues like this head on. Talk to the person directly and ask them to end their offending behavior.

That said I will admit I have been known to put my feet on my side on the wall just by the armrest. I suppose that if the PAX put their elbow far enough back they could hit my foot. I do that to change positions on long haul flights.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Is that dog poo on the sole of his shoe?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Always so much passive aggression here (including from me).

If it bothers you, ask him to move his foot.
Couldn't agree more. Some people don't think or act (in a non violent/hostile manner) but post here instead of dealing with the situation.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Feet almost in your space, but not yet...
Call the Flight Attendant.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ijkh
Putting a foot on someone else's armrest is unquestionably, 100% rude.

The photo from the OP isn't in and of itself rude...I'm sure lots of people pop their foot into that space and from where he's sitting he may have have any idea it's your space or that he's blocking the storage space.

When I sleep in the UA J pods, if I want to lie on my back, my feet (or at least one foot) have to go somewhere outside the pod. So in certain situations (upstairs on the 747), my feet go into the storage space beside the pod, kind of like in the photo. I've never *thought* my feet went into someone else's space, but maybe there's a photo of my feet somewhere out there on the Internet right now. I usually wear thick grey socks in J, so the pup in this photo definitely isn't mine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.