Wiki Posts
Search

Name shortened on ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Name shortened on ticket

Not strictly a BA question - but I have a booking on the FLR mistake fare - incorporating sectors on CX as well as EY and AZ.

However I accidentally put my shortened name on the ticket (e.g. Fred rather than Frederick when my passport says the latter).

Will this be a problem to travel?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:49 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Extremely unlikely, I'd say, as you clearly are who you say you are. I certainly wouldn't be calling up to try and get it changed if the circumstances are as you describe them ...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Indeed, I certainly would not be calling up to get a mistake fare re-ticketed with a different name. You don't want that sort of attention.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:59 am

I have travelled on many tickets for "Tim" rather than "Timothy" as on passport. Always been OK on BA. On AA to the US, I was once unable to check in online because of this, but check in at the airport was fine.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Extremely unlikely, I'd say, as you clearly are who you say you are. I certainly wouldn't be calling up to try and get it changed if the circumstances are as you describe them ...
Depends on your route. If it's through some American airports, like Chicago, then it will be a problem.

Can't you re-enter APIS information anyway?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Doesn't touch the US. From FLR to SYD via HKG and AUH.

Just wondering if EY, AZ or CX are likely to have pedantic gate agents?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:06 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Just wondering if EY, AZ or CX are likely to have pedantic gate agents?
As it's now clear you need advice on specific airlines that are not BA, let's move this to somewhere more helpful for you ...

/mod
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The APIS does not need to match the ticket info. Most GAs normally see LNAME/First_Initial when scanning your BP, so unless something goes super haywire, you shouldn't have problems.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
My passport has my full middle name. I have not purchased a plane ticket within memory that had more than my middle initial. (I've purchased a whole lot of plane tickets in that period.) I have never, ever had a problem for that reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.