Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using showers at airport lounge - questions, experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Using showers at airport lounge - questions, experiences

Where do you store your backpack or carryon if you want to use the showers in one of the lounges?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by k374
Where do you store your backpack or carryon if you want to use the showers in one of the lounges?
Just leave outside? Have been doing this all the time.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Every lounge that I've had a shower in has had shower rooms with ample space to store your hand luggage in - they are usually just like bathrooms in a hotel room.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I always bring mine in with me. That's where the toilet kit and the clean clothes are.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthflyer
Every lounge that I've had a shower in has had shower rooms with ample space to store your hand luggage in - they are usually just like bathrooms in a hotel room.
I may be paranoid but I will have my camera, laptop etc. etc. worth several thousand dollars in my backpack, so I would want to store it somewhere secure.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Would you not want it in the shower room with you to access toiletries and fresh clothing???
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Yes, just bring it into the shower room, what's the problem? Lounge shower rooms are an entire bathroom, not just a shower stall. You lock the door, your backpack is secure.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Always always always bring mine with me. I don't mind leaving my bag unattended to go grab a bite to eat or a drink while in a lounge but I would never for an extended period of time like a shower.

The only exception is if the lounge has lockers for baggage like the IST J lounge. In that case I'll lock it up unless I need something from my baggage.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
it's not a group shower room like at the Y. It's a shower suite, with a shower, sink, toilet and usually a low counter for your luggage. You bring your luggage in with you, then lock the door.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
....and no worries about the luggage getting wet.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

ah, thanks for clarifying... I thought it is shower stalls which is why it confused me. I have never taken a shower in a lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
it's not a group shower room like at the Y. It's a shower suite, with a shower, sink, toilet and usually a low counter for your luggage. You bring your luggage in with you, then lock the door.
Depending on the lounge some shower rooms are more luxurious than a hotel room.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:05 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Sure - I've been in some cramped showers, but I've always had room to bring my carryon bags with me. Though I may leave my bags briefly to get a drink or a bite of food, I'd never leave my bags unattended in the lounge while in the shower - no reason to!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JY1024
Sure - I've been in some cramped showers, but I've always had room to bring my carryon bags with me. Though I may leave my bags briefly to get a drink or a bite of food, I'd never leave my bags unattended in the lounge while in the shower - no reason to!
This is my policy too, although I can how it could be tempting to leave a bag near a seat in order to keep the good seat in a very crowded lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
Yeah, every lounge shower I have used had plenty of space to leave luggage. Though once I did manage to get the bottom of a suitcase wet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.