Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for 737 Production Flowchart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Looking for 737 Production Flowchart

Mods, please move this to where you see fit. It's not a typical FT question!

Alright everyone, this one is a little bit different. I have a friend that is an operations management professor at a university, and he is very interested in acquiring a flowchart for the production of a 737 (though any commercial airplane would be OK, just prefer Boeing and the 737).

A relatively quick Google search turned up nothing for me, so does anyone know where something like this may exist? I know it is a longshot, but I figure I'd reach out to this great, diverse community to see what I could find!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:32 pm
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
not likely something you're going to get your hands on.

I've built them for the last 20 years and am not even sure I'm allowed to tell you how it's built other than tube is built, wings, gear and engines go on. some other fiddly bits go on. plane delivers to customer.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:03 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Yeah I think that you won't get the level of detail that you are hoping for. The only thing I can think of is Boeing has appeared in Supply Chain industry publications about their just in time supply chain approach. That might give you a few kernels, but not the whole picture. You can also find some information on how that supply chain struggled when a train derailed with some 737 fuselages were damaged.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave737

I've built them for the last 20 years and am not even sure I'm allowed to tell you how it's built other than tube is built, wings, gear and engines go on. some other fiddly bits go on. plane delivers to customer.
You left out the part about how the blinky things go in.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:39 pm
formerly dave h.

oh how could i forget the blinky things!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
oh how could i forget the blinky things!
No worries, mate. I concentrated in blinky things when I got my Aero Engineering degrees, so I just naturally tend to think of them first.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:00 pm

That sounds pretty easy. I should try that myself.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:25 am
formerly dave h.

Originally Posted by CyBeR
That sounds pretty easy. I should try that myself.
just be careful when you're winding the rubber band. @:-)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Not a production flowchart, but there's a
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This was posted in the Travel News forum today...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...st-9-days.html
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Pretty much the same flowchart for all planes.

Buy/make lotsa parts--> Assemble--> Paint--> Add JP4--> Find sober pilot--> Kick the tires--> Light the fires--> Takeoff!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not a 737, it's not even an airplane, but if anyone is interested in an 80-year-old documentary on how locomotives (the steam kind) are made, try this:

Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Yeah I think that you won't get the level of detail that you are hoping for. The only thing I can think of is Boeing has appeared in Supply Chain industry publications about their just in time supply chain approach. That might give you a few kernels, but not the whole picture. You can also find some information on how that supply chain struggled when a train derailed with some 737 fuselages were damaged.
The OP could also look for journal articles and conference paper publications authored by staff from Boeing Research.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.