Going to the movies while traveling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going to the movies while traveling

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Twice. Once on an absurdly hot day in Malacca during Ramadan (so there wasn't much going on anyways) when I just needed to not be outside for a few hours. I went and saw the third Nolan Batman installment.

I will say that hearing the American national anthem in a foreign country is a little surreal.

A few months ago I was killing time in Singapore and saw the latest Captain America.

Actually, three times: a local friend in HK wanted to see a movie so I went with him but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I also like the movie and haircut experience when in China, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.

Last month I went with my partner in Taipei to the new Star Trek movie. We saw it in 4D, something Iv'e never seen offered in the U,S, You sit in individual articulating chairs. So when the star ships were chasing the bad guys the chair moved up and down, back and forth, etc. They also had air outlets on the chair in front of you which would blow a puff of air as phasers shot in your direction. But my favorite was the 'mister" that sprayed a mist of vapor on my face when the bad guy spit in the good guy's face. 😇

I remember going to a movie in Bangkok years ago and be required to stand at the beginning for the Thai national anthem (or royal anthem?). It was very touching actually.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Years ago I was in Taipei for a month. It was my first foreign trip as a young adult and missing western culture went to see Dances With Wolves. My biggest worry was making sure the movie was not dubbed.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
We saw it in 4D, something Iv'e never seen offered in the U,S,
Try:

Regal Cinemas, E-Walk Stadium 247 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036
Regal Union Square Stadium 14 850 Broadway, New York 10003
Marcus, Gurnee Mills Cinema 6144 Grand Ave. Gurnee, IL 60031
AEG, Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 800 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, California

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.