Wiki Posts
Search

Middle name on ticket instead of first

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Middle name on ticket instead of first

Hey!

I booked tickets for me and two of my friends with SunExpress.
Now for one friend I accidentaly entered his middle name as his first name on the ticket because his middle name is what e goes by and what everyone calls him. Now on the website of sunexpress it says they do not allow for name changes.

Will it be an issue if it's his middle name that's on the ticket instead of his first name?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:31 am

I very much doubt they will notice. I have flown with last first name reversed on a a ticket involving 3 separate airlines.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: LH M+M
I always book with my middle name. Never had a problem.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as all names are on the ID it will likely be fine.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Happens all the time. TSA, other countries' equivalents, and check-in agents all know that. My name has been garbled far worse and I've flown without incident. Will totally not be a problem. Only thing he should be aware of is, if he hands over an ID reading "John William Smith" to a ticket agent, to tell him/her that the ticket is under William Smith, not John Smith.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:35 am

Even when airlines say they don't allow name changes, they will actually still rectify obvious mistakes. You'd have to call them about it though, and I don't think it's necessary here.

I had a six-segment itinerary where my first and middle names became mangled together and truncated, and throughout all the flights no gate/check-in agent has even mentioned it once.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by ProleOnParole
I had a six-segment itinerary where my first and middle names became mangled together and truncated, and throughout all the flights no gate/check-in agent has even mentioned it once.
It's because many agents know the limitations of the printing systems and how names often get truncated. I never had a problem traveling and I have used two different spellings of my first name, one with an "e", the other with an "a" as my parents each spelled it differently as I grew up. It took getting a copy of my birth certificate to find out the actual spelling of my first name and actually had to correct my SS card.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by teddybear99
It's because many agents know the limitations of the printing systems and how names often get truncated. I never had a problem traveling and I have used two different spellings of my first name, one with an "e", the other with an "a" as my parents each spelled it differently as I grew up. It took getting a copy of my birth certificate to find out the actual spelling of my first name and actually had to correct my SS card.
Taddybear, is that you???
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by deniah
Taddybear, is that you???
FYI, My name is not Ted or Teddy. I was given this nickname because I am soft and cuddly like a large teddy bear. It's nice when the woman of your dreams wants to cuddle with you. (I hope this isn't OMNI material)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.