Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free" Mini Bar?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
At the HK IC you even have to pay to replenish coffee supplies. No way you'd get a free mini bar here!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:37 am

Apparently things like these only happen in German-speaking countries I was in Austria beginning of May and the mini bar there was being refilled on a daily basis - and I didn't have to pay any extra fees! I think it was because I booked something like a 'package' (here is where I made my booking, the hotel I stayed in was called Aqua Dome), which apparently included getting free mini bar refills, but I wasn't expecting that, so I was pretty suprised when I arrived.
Hotels should do that way more often, it really lifts your mood!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HolidayLoverIn
Hotels should do that way more often, it really lifts your mood!
In the UK I used to judge bed and breakfasts almost entirely on what freebies they gave you on the coffee tray (home made shortbread was a great touch one stay, others offered fudge, cake, but best of all was the one that offered gin and tonic!)
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:24 pm

I have stayed on Executive Floors where the lounge was always open with a self serve bar of top shelf alcohol, self pour Beers on Tap, Wines and more. They had warm food always out with a large area of snacks. That was better than any free mini bar.

When I did have a free minibar it included alcohol( I forget where) but it was nice not having to purchase alcohol at a liquor store.

Quote me if I am wrong but hotels in Thailand include the minibar as part of the rate.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:39 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danielonn

Quote me if I am wrong but hotels in Thailand include the minibar as part of the rate.
Like everywhere else, some hotels do. Not all. But it seems to be a trend as it has that "oh cool" factor at minimal cost to the hotel.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
We stayed at the Park Hyatt Dubai in a Suite and had free access to the minibar. It was a fantastic amenity to have access to and was refilled 2x per day. So, in practice, you can have up to 18 mini bottles, 8 beers and 4 bottles of wine per day to use, I'd say that's more than enough even if you're traveling with a group

Here's an excerpt from our review:

---------------------------

Park Hyatt Dubai Review

–> MINIBAR

Possibly the best part of upgrading to a suite at the Park Hyatt Dubai is the free minibar access, especially if you’re traveling with a few people and plan to have a few drinks when on vacation.

The minibar was restocked 2x daily and included the following:
  • 9- assorted mini bottles (Johnny Walker Black Label, Jack Daniels, Ciroc Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Bacardi Rum)
  • 2- 375ml of wine (1 red, 1 white)
  • 4- beers (Corona and Stella)
  • Plenty of sodas, tonic and fruit juices

All of this basically ensures that you won’t have to buy a single drink here/in Dubai on your stay.

Did we mention there are chips, candy bars, cookies, and a few other snacks?!

-----------------------------

Full photo gallery and review with proper formatting can be view here: Weekend Blitz - Park Hyatt Dubai Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.