"Free" Mini Bar?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free" Mini Bar?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the Marriott at Monaco, we were told that they didn't have a lounge but, because I was a Plat, the minibar was free. We made good use of it.

At the Opera Pavillon in Paris, the minibar was also included and refilled daily. No booze, though.

Both stays were award stays.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In October I stayed at both Marrols in Bratislava and Le Meridien in Vienna, both had free mini bars, but were limited to beers, soft drinks and snacks.

All inclusive hotels in resort destinations (Caribbean etc.) often include mini bars with a full range of beers, wine, spirits, snacks etc. I rather like mixing a G&T as I get ready for the evening
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I wasn't aware until reading this thread that this was a German/Frankfurt thing, but I have had free minibar when I have used (um, burned) SWUs at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel ... as I recall, it included waters, juices, a couple of beers, chocolate, and pringles. And probably some gummies.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Next month I will be staying at De Sarann Villas in Siem Reap Cambodia and it has a free mini bar

Ive asked them to remove the booze as we don't drink it (not offended by it but would prefer more bottles of water) and they emailed saying they will add more water, juice and sodas for us.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Osmo
Ive asked them to remove the booze as we don't drink it (not offended by it but would prefer more bottles of water) and they emailed saying they will add more water, juice and sodas for us.
Next time we stay in the same hotel, can we trade minibar contents please?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've also had it a couple times in Germany - usually 2 local beers per day and no hard liquor. Plus random food/non-alcoholic drinks...

No complaint...the beers have always been pretty good. ^
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:38 am

The Park Hyatt Dubai has a "free" minibar if you are in the Park Suite. Doesn't matter if you upgrade using a Diamond Suite Upgrade. They will restock it once a day. If I recall correctly there were 8-10 mini bottles of alcohol, two beers, your standard sodas, mixers, and then outside of the fridge a large assortment of nuts/candy/dried fruit.... etc...

Was fantastic!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC there have been some FHR rates where the special amenity is free minibar, including alcohol. The example I remember was the PH Washington.
How recently was that? I was there earlier this month and it was $100 F&B, but I like the idea especially on trips without convenience stores nearby.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:55 pm

Shangri la in Penang gave a free mini bar last summer which was refilled every day! Drinks and all!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:13 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Sky lofts at MGM grand have free minibar and a coffee machine, but the nightly rate is quite substantial.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
In Jakarta I checked into a hotel once and found a minibar containing beer, clearly labelled as free. So I excitedly cracked open a cold one and took a big chug only to find the most wrenched tasting brew I ever encountered in my life. Upon closer examination of the label, I discovered it was Bintang non-alcoholic beer. I presume in keeping with Islamic traditions. In any case my initial excitement in encountering free beer, quickly turned to horror. It was really awful.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
In Jakarta I checked into a hotel once and found a minibar containing beer, clearly labelled as free. So I excitedly cracked open a cold one and took a big chug only to find the most wrenched tasting brew I ever encountered in my life. Upon closer examination of the label, I discovered it was Bintang non-alcoholic beer. I presume in keeping with Islamic traditions. In any case my initial excitement in encountering free beer, quickly turned to horror. It was really awful.
Ngga jadi mabuk deh
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat.
Renaissance Bangkok has had a "Double-points, free minibar (restocked daily)" rate going for a couple years now.

It. Is. Amazing.

But dont tell anyone.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:03 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
delete. Wrong thread.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I experienced that once at the Radisson Blu ZRH. Can't recall if it included alcoholic drinks or not but soft drinks and snacks were included.
Was there a few days ago.
The free minibar (this was a business class room) included bags of nuts, candy bars, water, coke, orange juice.
The alcohol was not included.

After lifting up a small bottle (which ended up being alcohol) to see what it was, I noticed a small sign saying that by removing any bottles the minibar would electronically charge you for that item, so on checkout I mentioned to the staffperson (so that I would not get charged) that I had momentarily picked up, then returned to its place, one bottle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.