Reload this Page >

Rosetta Stone....anyone use it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosetta Stone....anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:17 pm

So what did you decide? I personally don't care for RS. Same concerns as outlined by others. I like Pimsleur and Duolingo.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:49 am
Formerly known as caveruner17

My only issue with Duolingo (which I'm using to attempt to learn German) is that sometimes the translations (German to English) don't make sense in English --

Such as: Der Junge isst den Apfel (The boy eats the apple). In English, we'd probably say, the boy eats an apple. I understand this is the grammatically correct way to say it in German, but for someone starting out, it's frustrating. Same with conjugations. I'd rather get the right word down than worry about tense / gender, etc.

I feel like there needs to be two settings: One for individuals who want to learn the language, and one for those who want to learn enough to get by for travel / general conversation.

Also, Duolingo doesn't seem to cover the spoken language much
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Update...did not purchase.

Between you folks and another website where I asked the same question, the results were pretty mixed.
So she will just stick with her duolingo.
Thanks all........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.