Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Will the owner who forgot his three Boeings please collect them from KLIA / KUL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will the owner who forgot his three Boeings please collect them from KLIA / KUL?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm almost surprised that they haven't already been stripped for parts. That's what happens when you abandon a vehicle and leave it parked someplace.
One of the 747s was already stripped for engines. Also not visible, avionics/cockpit. I mean, the typical replacement need wont be a wing .
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
One of the 747s was already stripped for engines. Also not visible, avionics/cockpit. I mean, the typical replacement need wont be a wing .
So one of the planes is obviously unfit for flying unless a lot more money were to be spent on parts and repairs? I guess that one won't be collected by anyone anytime soon.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Sorry, but where did you hear this? There's no mention of anything being stripped from the planes on the news reports and the photos in the newspaper ad the airport placed shows the engines intact on all three planes.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
True dat. Even in the economy lot.
Maybe they had a coupon though.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are reports that the owner of at least one of the aircraft has come forward with the reaction that the airport authorities should have been able to find the owner without any difficulty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.