Search

Stomach bloating in-flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Keep some fennel seeds on hand if you don't want the OTC meds:

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...ght-flatulence
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:47 am

This happens to me in Y only almost always.

Unless I do not eat anything prior or during flight.

Anecdotally, it seems in J or F (long haul) even if I stuff my face in the lounge and onboard, it does not happen. Must be related to the literal position my body is in during this stasis.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
This happens to me in Y only almost always.

Unless I do not eat anything prior or during flight.

Anecdotally, it seems in J or F (long haul) even if I stuff my face in the lounge and onboard, it does not happen. Must be related to the literal position my body is in during this stasis.

Your use of anecdotally and stasis are to the point. I like the way you worded that. It would be the epitome of all that has been said.... just saying.... ^^^^^^
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Happens to me all the time. No biggie.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
If your stomach is getting bloated during the flight, remember that God gave you a built in pressure relief valve. Use it.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
If your stomach is getting bloated during the flight, remember that God gave you a built in pressure relief valve. Use it.
Ah. Haha

When I bloat though, I don't create gas. Between IBS and the fact that I just don't go to the bathroom (other than to pee) while i'm in flight...I do get rather bloated.

Better stay clear of me once I get to the hotel room/home though
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:10 am

I sometimes get horribly crampy and bloated as well, but no flatulence. That is the worst. So uncomfortable. Doesn't seem to matter what I've eaten. Does seem to be worse in Y as earlier poster said. I rarely recline in Y, and if I do, it's only partway. Reclining is not frowned upon in F as much.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by piclistguy
Wonder how many others experience an uncomfortable expansion of their stomach in-flight, which is magnified sitting for so long in cramped seats.
What helps with this? I tried simethicone (over-the-counter) before my flight and losing weight over the years. Still an issue.
Before I fly any flight over 2 hours, I watch what I eat the day before to ensure I will not have trouble dealing with it during the flight. No Brussels sprouts or cabbage, no beans...stick with lighter, low gas foods. Also, avoid beer and soda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.