Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the most fun you've had in an irrops?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most fun you've had in an irrops?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
@fassy -- I'm not quite sure that, per the thread title, I'd use "fun" to describe that ordeal ...
Hrm, right... it was no fun at the time but years later I think about it with some amusement But agreed, removed...
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Free night at an all inclusive resort in Curacao.. not bad. Certainly no ordeal like the FNT-PNH trip.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A couple of stories come to mind.

- Growing up I had very strict parents. My brother and I, however, have always been really close, he's a year younger than me. We must have been about 8 and 9 and we were sent down to North Carolina to see our grandparents. On the way back, our GSO-LGA flight got delayed. Now, my parents would never let us misbehave in public but hey, they weren't around. So my brother and I ran all over the airport until my Grandparents found us and said "other people are asking if we got you guys hopped up on chocolate or something!". Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

- Several years ago a friend and I went to Las Vegas on a daytrip from Phoenix. This was back when US still had a 11:59 PM departure LAS-PHX. It got delayed an hour then oversold and we each took a $200 voucher to take the 7 AM flight. They had no hotels so we spent the night at LAS. We had the whole place to ourselves and it was great fun talking and walking around the deserted concourses.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Not your normal irrops, but I was stuck in Copenhagen after 9/11. SAS put up a bunch of us downtown, and we had a blast touring around the city, etc. One night we went to Tivoli thinking "this doesn't seem quite right with what's going on in the world" but it kept us occupied and not thinking about the folk back home every second. (Or glued to the TV watching the same footage over and over and over.)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Originally Posted by golfmad
I can tell you the least fun time was when I was stuck in Sumburgh for 2 days due to weather. It was the closest I've ever come to feeling like I was actually in prison.
Wow Golfmad, I used to love the chance of getting stuck in Sumburgh. A night or two in Fawlty Towers and a night out in Lerwick also.

Loved it.

The Shetlander's knew how to have a good time also.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
In the summer of 2012 I was booked on the island hopper HNL-MAJ-KWA. I checked in, got my boarding pass, then the agent came back to me and said UA was bypassing KWA. So, I was "stuck" in Oahu for two days waiting on the next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.