Wiki Posts
Search

Allergies - best hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Allergies - best hotels

guys

Are there any particular hotels whose rooms do better with airbone allergies (pollen) than others? I'm traveling to SF during the dreaded spring season and wondering if there is a particular one here that would do best for me. I assume nobody goes far enough to actually loaning our an air purifier to guests

https://compass.onpeak.com/e/46RSA15/2#hotels
Has to be under $3504

Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
It's not an endorsement, but I've stayed at some hotels with "pure rooms" or allergy-friendly rooms. They supposedly go through periodic special cleanings and usually have a filter and allergy-friendly bedding. I like them, but have never had to pay extra, as most hotels I have status at are happy to offer it as an upgrade. The standard does vary, as I'm not sure what the upkeep is on a daily basis, but it's somewhere to start.

http://www.pureroom.com/

It seems they have a handy search that lets you price out specific nights for all the pure rooms around the city.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hyatt has some of these rooms in some but not all of their properties. They typically cost more. I've never knowingly stayed in one of them.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sam007
guys

Are there any particular hotels whose rooms do better with airbone allergies (pollen) than others? I'm traveling to SF during the dreaded spring season and wondering if there is a particular one here that would do best for me. I assume nobody goes far enough to actually loaning our an air purifier to guests

https://compass.onpeak.com/e/46RSA15/2#hotels
Has to be under $3504

Thanks
Hotels in Asia will lend air purifiers. The Grand Hyatt SF has hypo allergenic rooms - http://grandsanfrancisco.hyatt.com/e...llergenic.html

Ask them directly?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
For $3,500 you could buy your own air purifier, surely, and have someone set it up for you.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam007
I'm traveling to SF during the dreaded spring season
Traveling from where? You seem to missing a couple points:

1. There is no such thing as spring in SF. It pretty much never freezes in SF, so SF doesn't have conventional four seasons there like you do back east (or even in the mountains of the west).

2. Where are you based? Many pollens, even when present, are completely different in different parts of the country. I had a bad pollen allergy every spring related to specific flowering plants while growing up in Northern Virginia. The moment I moved cross-country to Southern California, the allergies instantly vanished, because those plants don't live in this completely different climate, and I was not allergic to any Southern California plants.

Having said all that, if you're still concerned, good air conditioning that's been well maintained, in a room where windows are well sealed, will be the most important in a hotel room. Be aware that some (low-cost?) hotels in the SF area may not have air conditioning at all, because of it being a very mild climate.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
As this is not a question about awards programs or site usage, it will likely do better here in the TravelBuzz forum where more general travel related discussions take place.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.