Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Did this flight make an emergency landing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Strange question, but someone I know has a very odd story about a plane that had to make an emergency landing due to an issue with a passenger. I have my doubts about the story, so I looked and can't find any record of such an emergency landing taking place.

He claims that United 6367 from Calgary to Denver on January 5, 2015 had to make an emergency landing due to a "medical emergency."

Is there somewhere to check to see if such a thing happened? I found this site, but no mention of this incident.
http://aviation.globalincidentmap.com/

I'm assuming such an emergency landing didn't happen or there would be a record of it somewhere?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:15 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum

It looks like UA6367 wasn't even scheduled for YYC-DEN on Jan 5 but ORD-MSP at least according to flightaware
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I never had any problem on my flight and we don't have any emergency landing. I continued on the flight, but we don't have worried about the passengers.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A passenger medical emergency would normally result in a diversion or landing at an unplanned airport. An emergency landing would almost always imply that something was wrong with the aircraft, although maybe diversions due to extremely bad weather would be considered emergencies.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:01 pm

Urban legend
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:20 pm

I think what the OP's post is referring to is what is technically a priority landing due to a declared emergency. It is also referred to as an "emergency landing" which simply means that pilot is able to land the aircraft as quickly as possible and is given priority in the landing sequence.

If the medical emergency arose on enroute between YYZ and DEN it may have been that getting a priority landing and DEN was the best course of action.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:47 pm

Also it's not a rare occurance for emergency vehicles to meet aircraft upon landing or reaching the gate because of medical reasons. I see it almost daily in some fashion or another. I'm sure it seems like a big deal for there to be emergency vehicles surrounding your plane, but it actually happens quite frequently and not really a big deal the majority of the time.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by N830MH
I never had any problem on my flight and we don't have any emergency landing. I continued on the flight, but we don't have worried about the passengers.
were you on UA 6367 ?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shaner82
He claims that United 6367 from Calgary to Denver on January 5, 2015 had to make an emergency landing due to a "medical emergency."

Is there somewhere to check to see if such a thing happened? ergency landing didn't happen or there would be a record of it somewhere?
Yes, the federal government has online information but it is about 3 months behind. It will only give arrival and departure times but if there was a diversion, the flight would be late.

If he is having an affair, you can check that part of his story around April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.