Search

Where do you sit on the plane?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Where do you sit on the plane?

This was on Yahoo! Travel https://www.yahoo.com/travel/what-yo...7582.html?hp=1

Really? I think they are reading way too much into this. It is almost as though they never have even been on a plane. I pick the window for two simple reasons - I love to look out the window, and when I am resting, it gives me something to lean against. And business? Because I hate feeling like a sardine. Am I missing a stronger personality connection most people have with their seat?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
I like an aisle because I can "escape" easily if I need to visit the toilet, don't have to worry about the person next to me falling asleep, and, last but not least, can easily get up, get my stuff, and get out of the plane faster on arrival.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jeffhacker
I like an aisle because I can "escape" easily if I need to visit the toilet, don't have to worry about the person next to me falling asleep, and, last but not least, can easily get up, get my stuff, and get out of the plane faster on arrival.
^ Exactly the same reasons for me
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by jeffhacker
+1 to all. I'd add, especially in FC, being on the aisle also makes it easier to catch the FA's eye for a drink refill or whatever else you need.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 pm

Aisle, for all the reasons already mentioned.

I'm old, I pee a lot.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Faydra
Aisle, for all the reasons already mentioned.

I'm old, I pee a lot.
^ This is bordering on unanimous.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
I prefer aisles and the reason, as stated above, is to go to restroom conveniently. Especially in long flights when people tend to sleep, I would prefer not to interrupt them.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Same for me also. Plus more leg room, sticking out into the aisle, being >6'
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Aisle on short, small planes. Window on longer flights, as well as redeyes. And right side of the plane, I like to lean against the wall, but cant get comfortable in A-seats as much.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
In the front.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: MANY
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Aisle on short, small planes. Window on longer flights, as well as redeyes. And right side of the plane.
+1. usually I pick the shady side, if it's a daytime flight.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC P25
Always window, usually on the shaded side unless there's something I really want to try to see along the way. Leaning on wall, not having to get up (I'm young and don't pee much!) for others, no shoulder nudges and butts in my face from the aisle, no carts rolling over my toes. But mostly to look out and enjoy the ultimate IFE.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by yytleisure
Always window, usually on the shaded side unless there's something I really want to try to see along the way. Leaning on wall, not having to get up (I'm young and don't pee much!) for others, no shoulder nudges and butts in my face from the aisle, no carts rolling over my toes. But mostly to look out and enjoy the ultimate IFE.
+1, except for the young-and-don't-pee-much part. But I'm small and relatively nimble and I can't bear giving up the magnificent view from a plane.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Gold Airmiles, and pretty much every hotel program there is.
I usually try to keep to the window on the side that has the sun, especially when it's late in the daylight hours. For some reason, if I don't sit there I tend to end up sitting across from some dumbass who doesn't know enough to close the shade when the sun screams into the cabin.

I've politely asked people to close their shade because the sun is blinding everybody else in the row. You can't see the IFE. You can't see your laptop/tablet. You can't even escape it by closing your eyes. Most people are good about it, but I've had a couple who refused. "No, I wanted a window seat so I can see out!"

Meanwhile everybody else in the row is on fire.

Last edited by StuPadaso; Dec 11, 2014 at 2:16 pm Reason: try to make it more understandable.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:53 pm

Window -preferably the shady side. I used to isle but I got tired of being hit in the face with backpacks and purses, having luggage dropped on my head and having Delta flight attendants ramming their drink carts into my shoulder. Not quite as much room at the window but its much more peaceful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.