Search

Dozing off in the Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

I'm currently sitting in the LH lounge at DTW. Such a nice place and welcome break from Smisek's dungeons. Anyway, I'm sitting on one of the lounge chairs in the back minding my own business. I have 2 hours to kill and am dead tired. I don't snore and wondered if I just bowed my head down and dozed off would anyone mind? It's a very quiet lounge and I don't want to look like a doofis.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:16 am

Go right ahead.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by will2288
Go right ahead.
Okay
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life

Don't forget to set an alarm, so you don't miss your flight..... Oops to late???
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Thumbs up

I'd make sure I had a way to make sure my bags wouldn't get swiped as I snoozed
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond

Going where????

You can snooze and snore/burp and fart as much as you'd like. Am not there
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Unless it's one of those lounges where an attendant knows specifically who you are and where you're flying, I'd be way too nervous about missing my flight to fall asleep.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just woke up. I was out cold 30 minutes then my phone rang. It was boss and I told him he woke me up. lol

I feel much refreshed. I'm going to grab some fresh hot sausage and a beer now. ^
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:01 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by enviroian
I just woke up. I was out cold 30 minutes then my phone rang. It was boss and I told him he woke me up. lol

I feel much refreshed. I'm going to grab some fresh hot sausage and a beer now. ^
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
I'm currently sitting in the LH lounge at DTW. Such a nice place and welcome break from Smisek's dungeons. Anyway, I'm sitting on one of the lounge chairs in the back minding my own business. I have 2 hours to kill and am dead tired. I don't snore and wondered if I just bowed my head down and dozed off would anyone mind? It's a very quiet lounge and I don't want to look like a doofis.
That's what the lounge is for.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta, United

Make sure ya did not drool on yerself while dozing off ...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As a sidenote that lounge is a pretty nice place to take a quickie. Just make sure you get one of the chairs in the back that lean up against the wall. I propped my head back against it. I awoke noting my chops weren't wide open. That would have been embarrassing.

It feels very safe in there so I didn't worry about someone pilfering my goods. Half the people in there are guys like me waiting to take a UA flight or Germans heading back to FRA.

By the way I find that end of the D concourse rather amusing. Here are all these UA 145's and CR700's and hiding in the corner is this massive 332.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
As a sidenote that lounge is a pretty nice place to take a quickie. Just make sure you get one of the chairs in the back that lean up against the wall. I propped my head back against it..
Oh, that's not the kind of quickie I was thinking of. Or, with your description maybe it is!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:05 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This thread is losing altitude steadily. We'll close it before the inevitable crash. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.