Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, here is one for a hotel in a small Puerto Rican town I stayed in......

"The road trip was exasperated by traveling in the dark. What few road signs there are, they were in Spanish, so we had a more difficult time way finding."

Can you imagine? Road signs in Spanish? From the posters words and phrasing, I am surprised they do not speak Spanish, as their english is so bad it must be their second language, even though they are from Minnesota.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
On the Dublin Mountains TripAdvisor page, a 2-star review:

"too hilly and far too mountainy for my liking,i prefer my mountains to be slightly less mountainy,as for the hills they were far too hilly"
Parterre likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by mtvesuvius

"too hilly and far too mountainy for my liking,i prefer my mountains to be slightly less mountainy,as for the hills they were far too hilly"
The same guy later visited White Plains, and he found that it was too vanilla for his taste.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham

Seems like the easy solution would just be to rename the "hills" as "mountains" and perhaps they would be just right for his liking.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia

I've written a handful of comically obtuse reviews like that for popular attractions that already have hundreds of positive reviews repeating the same few points.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's an odd one. I reviewed a Hampton Inn on TA and I mentioned they had cookies in the lobby. This is the response my review got from TA:

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to the brand and thank you for choosing us during your visit to the city. Aren't those cookies amazing!! It's rather dangerous working next to that batch everyday Please come back soon, we loved having you here!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:40 am

A few of my favorites TA reviews of the Hojo in Middletown, NY

"Clean Room, but Section 8 Hotel: The rooms were clean but it was a section 8 hotel. We stayed one night and in the morning the manager in the Perkins next door, told us that someone got shot in the hotel that night. When the car service picked us up he asked us if we heard about the shooting. It was very disturbing news. I do not recommend this hotel. "

"I need a Tetanus Shot: This place is aweful. I cannot believe that the health department keeps it open. A homeless shelter would have been better. My first night had the room flood from outside rains and a leaking air conditioner. Tub leaked and toilet did not flush. Walls were thin and my family heard everyone around us. We requested new room. we were told to check the bed linens as "The housekeepers are lazy and don'y always claen well." The second room air conditioner worked partially. I felt like I was going thru manopause. One minute cold and the next sweating. The place was like a low income slum, which was not what I have come to expect from HoJo. I felt like it should be called HoBo."

"Thought I was going to die that night: There were some really shady people there and it looked as if they were living there. Only later on did I find out that it was a welfare hotel and that these people were drug addicts and ex-felons (quite possibly current felons). There was some kind of fight going on in one of the rooms near me and I felt scared for my life. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had."
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:01 pm

"Promised a cookie on arrival which we didn't receive. "

Yeah, that warrants a 3
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:20 pm

I can't remember what hotel it was to be honest, but there was a guest that claimed that someone was videotaping them behind the mirror, when it was just one of those fancy hotels with the television in the mirror. If I recall correctly, they even had a picture posted, and you could clearly see the remote. Guess they didn't add two and two together? What did they think the remote was for? Turning on the shower? If they were so concerned about using the bathroom, wouldn't they have called security to report it?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:29 pm

Well thanks for that review of the St Regis. What a dump! Can you believe that after phoning and emailing multiple times they did not roll out the red carpet for that guy? I've had that happen several times at the airline counter too.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Excellent thread. This was my fav:

Tour company did not warn me that I would get wet during the river rafting trip. It ruined my $300 leather handbag.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Wilbur
The same guy later visited White Plains, and he found that it was too vanilla for his taste.
Could not resist looking at another of his reviews, this one of a Japanese style restaurant in Dublin--

i would recommend yamamori to anyone and everyone,be it a celebration or just a night out you will not be disappointed.
although the head chef will not be winning any modelling contests he certainly makes up for his uglyness by being a genius in the kitchen
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Originally Posted by UA Fan

Tour company did not warn me that I would get wet during the river rafting trip. It ruined my $300 leather handbag.
This is why there are so many obvious disclaimers on a lot of products. People who are so dense they can't infer things based on the situation. Going on a river rafting trip carries a strong possibility of getting wet. Who knew?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
This is why there are so many obvious disclaimers on a lot of products. People who are so dense they can't infer things based on the situation. Going on a river rafting trip carries a strong possibility of getting wet. Who knew?
Originally Posted by UA Fan

Also must be clearly lying about the damaged purse. Outfitters don't typically allow "baggage" onto the raft.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: club carlson
Originally Posted by ms1664
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
My favourite reviews are of the flea pit hotels in major cities. How people end up in these places is a mystery.
Please meet Hostel Kabul in Amsterdam :

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Province.html

It is now closed, probably forcibly shut down by the health and sanitation department.

I stayed there when I was much younger, and trust me, all the 1 star comments are absolutely true. Dead pigeons, mice, vomit (to which I contributed a little I have to admit) and everything else, all gloriously displayed for benefit of the unsuspecting tourist.

My favourite absolute worst hotel (if you call it that) of all time
Outstanding reviews, laughed so hard that my girlfriend had to tell me to keep quiet. Perfect material to liven up a long train journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.