Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Looking for airline spoons

Old Oct 2, 13, 1:40 am
Original Poster

I collect airline spoons and I am looking for other collectors to trade with. Even if you don't collect, you might have a few from previous trips. Please check you drawers for hidden treasures :-)))

Please contact me if you have some for swap or for sale.

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 13, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
ebay is a good resource for airline silverware but keep in mind that most of it has been stolen from the airlines.

There are exceptions. Back in the 1980's Luftansa gave me a set of coffee spoons for a gift as I did bookings for my office.
Old Oct 2, 13, 10:06 am
GAC
Suspended

I admit to having a collect as well
Old Oct 2, 13, 10:25 am

I have spoons, forks & knives from extinct entities: Western Airlines, TWA, United (with tulip), Continental. I interecepted these as they were getting thrown out.

Does anyone want decks of cards Western Airlines, National Airlines, United Airlines.

or cocktail stirring rods?

I'm interested in historical barf bags. Do you have anything to trade?

Anybody have historical toilet paper?
Old Oct 2, 13, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I think I have about all spoons from these airlines (Western, TWA, United, Continental) so I am all set with these.

Sorry I have no barf bags or toilet paper, I had never noticed airlines had customizes toilet paper by the way ...

PS: my collection is visible at http://airlinespoon.free.fr
Old Oct 3, 13, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Carapate View Post
Sorry I have no barf bags or toilet paper, I had never noticed airlines had customizes toilet paper by the way ...
It's been a very long time. My mother-in-law had some from the days when the airlines flew Clippers. It was quite impressive.

How about airline cigarettes? I threw out a few packs a while back. :-(
Old Oct 3, 13, 6:29 pm

Are these items given by the airlines, or collected by the traveller?
Old Oct 3, 13, 7:35 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk. I have no spoons to sell or trade, but I must admit that I find this thread fascinating. I assume most of the spoons are stainless steel. Do you track the grade or composition of the steel? I would be interested to see any statistics or trends on that subject.
Old Oct 4, 13, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold
When I first read the title, I thought you were looking for someone to "spoon" with on long flights. There's got to be a market for that!
Old Oct 4, 13, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by _kurt View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk. I have no spoons to sell or trade, but I must admit that I find this thread fascinating. I assume most of the spoons are stainless steel. Do you track the grade or composition of the steel? I would be interested to see any statistics or trends on that subject.
Yes most are stainless at the moment but there are many silverplated spoons among those from the 1950s. Flying was classy at that time.

Also have chinaware soup spoons from various Asian airlines. And the top is golden spoons, I have 2 gold souvenir spoons from Asiana and Ethiopian Airlines and several spoons from Saudia and Gulf Air circled with gold.
<link removed by moderator>

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 4, 13 at 12:51 pm Reason: Website has already been provided upthread
Old Oct 4, 13, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren View Post
I'm interested in historical barf bags. Do you have anything to trade?
Ah, I just used a Pan Am vomit bag last week. It was the only thing available and I was feeling sick in the car
Old Oct 6, 13, 8:30 pm

Programs: hardly any
My small collection

I hope that my small collection was not the straw that broke Pan Am's back. Good grief, if I would have known I would have put it back.
Old Oct 6, 13, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL,EK
I have an airsick bag from Air Koryo (North Korean Airlines). It's not for trade though... and I don't have any from any other airline.
Old Oct 12, 13, 3:57 am
Original Poster

I have a few other items of airline memorabilia, like napkins (linen napkins), napkin rings, postcards, amanity kits, sugar bags, safety cards that I would trade for spoons.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: