Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new low in armrest behavior / non-passenger-of-size

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
1. Grasp the offending pax by the back of the collar gently but firmly with your left hand.

2. Carefully drag the pax up the aisle to the crew seats.

3. Borrow the PA mic and advise all other pax to fasten their belts.

4. Hook your right leg around the bulk head or other convenient structure

4. With your right hand, deftly rotate the aircraft door handle and then jettison the a$$hole into the slipstream.
Amateur. You're not doing anything with your left leg.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
The best solution I have found in this situation is to place a folder or a couple of magazines vertically at the edge of my seat, right next to the armrest. I try to do this as non-confrontationally as is possible under the circumstances; I take out the folder or magazines, glance at the contents for a minute, and then place them beside me. This concedes the entire armrest to the other passenger, which is fine so long as I don't have his or her elbow in my chest for the duration of the flight.
This is exactly how I have handled it in the past - magazines, work folder etc.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by 5khours
You should never raise your voice or argue. The appropriate response to a rude pax should always be a measured gentle response.

1. Grasp the offending pax by the back of the collar gently but firmly with your left hand.

2. Carefully drag the pax up the aisle to the crew seats.

3. Borrow the PA mic and advise all other pax to fasten their belts.

4. Hook your right leg around the bulk head or other convenient structure

4. With your right hand, deftly rotate the aircraft door handle and then jettison the a$$hole into the slipstream.
Thank you for the awesome visualization!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
You might reread what the OP wrote - otherwise one might have the mental image that you were one of the kids who failed at reading comprehension
I quoted your silly comment about alleging assault for what happened. I recommend that you take a remedial SAT course on reading comprehension.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Flubber2012
I quoted your silly comment about alleging assault for what happened. I recommend that you take a remedial SAT course on reading comprehension.
I would kindly suggest you look up the definition of assault as charges have been filled for much less of an incident.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:15 pm
Suspended

I would kindly suggest you look up the definition of assault as charges have been filled for much less of an incident.
1. Has a Judge/jury actually convicted and sentenced for a similarly "minor" offense? [If I were said Judge, I would sentence the complainant to 40 lashes with a wet noodle.]
2. If you held up a flight to document something as frivolous as this, I would hope that the affected passengers let you know that they thought.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
1. Has a Judge/jury actually convicted and sentenced for a similarly "minor" offense? [If I were said Judge, I would sentence the complainant to 40 lashes with a wet noodle.]
2. If you held up a flight to document something as frivolous as this, I would hope that the affected passengers let you know that they thought.
Sometimes, you just wish there was a virtual alley so people can take this kind of stuff "outside".
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by relberger
Sometimes, you just wish there was a virtual alley so people can take this kind of stuff "outside".
Your comment just made my day.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
I think you handled that well. And yes, people are jerks.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
I'm one of those guys that makes others cry when they see me coming as their seat mate. I am as big or bigger than most nfl players. I go out of my way to yield space in planes and anywhere else as I can appreciate the discomfort that comes with not having space.

I have found most other guys my size seem to be equally aware. It does seem the guys who don't need the space are the ones who insist on having it.

This goes for overhead space as well. You sure don't need a whole freaking compartment for a jacket and a man purse.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:24 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
On that, and a few other notes, the thread is now closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.