Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Silly amenity kit question

Silly amenity kit question

Old Aug 28, 13, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
In addition to the many uses already listed in previous posts. I also keep some for family members not teaveling in premium cabins.
Old Aug 28, 13, 10:21 pm

I wish they gave those on the HI and domestic flights. Some of these flights are longer than the flights to Europe, etc.
Old Aug 28, 13, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wdrg View Post
I wish they gave those on the HI and domestic flights. Some of these flights are longer than the flights to Europe, etc.
We get them transcon on Virgin Australia for flights to/from Perth to the east coast

Last edited by jozdemir; Aug 29, 13 at 3:18 am
Old Aug 29, 13, 7:56 am

I have one that holds my bike tools nicely that I keep in the bottom of my panier.
Old Aug 29, 13, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
I keep the small bags for my cell phone chargers and ear phones, and other small electronics, when traveling and in my work brief.
Old Sep 14, 13, 8:25 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by wdrg View Post
Delta gives out amenity kits on their ATL to HNL flights. I wish the other lines did the same, for example, EWR to HNL which is quite a long flight
Old Sep 14, 13, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Depends what is in them. If there is a hand or skin cream that's a brand I like I keep that product and the other stuff just rolls around in a drawer until I throw them out. Some I give to friends. I also sell some on ebay. Some follks happily pay $20 or more to pretend they received it on a flight!! I have sold other travel items on ebay, like first class luggage tags, priority boarding tags/passes and they just get snapped up. I do like to keep 1 new or unopened bag from each airline.
Interesting. Is it worth the hassle to sell them on eBay? I dunno, sounds like more trouble than it is worth.
Old Sep 14, 13, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
I use my E bags from Turkish as swimming goggle bags. I used a United bag for toiletries when I fly. I had an old Delta bag I used to use but lost it. My daughter loves the bags and uses them for jewelry,knick knacks etc.

If I had more I would give more away.
Old Sep 14, 13, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50K, WS Gold, AA Plat, Hertz PC, National EE
Give all mine away to friends/family since my +1 keeps hers for memory sake
Old Sep 20, 13, 7:42 am

Programs: United 1k
My mom makes it a point to always replenish her stock from my flights :-) - she has different uses for them, but then she also gives them to her friends as gifts....I personally keep a few - I currently have a couple from Lufthansa first class flights, American, United, KLM, Turkish and Delta.
Old Sep 20, 13, 7:50 am

Programs: Enough
I keep them at home, because they're perfect when guests stay overnight. When they're done with, I usually keep the bags for my future travels.
Old Mar 24, 15, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
I am resurrecting this old thread because I am facing the same dilemma. But we have dozens and dozens of new and sealed amenity kits, almost 50 toothbrush/dental kits, and more. I have already done everything listed on this thread:

- Sold more interesting kits on Ebay (non-US or US kits in sets)
- Use bags for cords (the SN bag is especially useful)
- Given them to family members flying long-haul coach (AA)
- Use for personal makeup/toiletry bag (CX)
- Use as regular "flight bag" with my own amenities that I want for all flights (UA, surprisingly)
- Simply dug into them to pull out individual items
- Collect special edition kits (current AA vintage sets)
- Thrown them out (OS)

And STILL we have SO MANY kits! We are about to travel to Myanmar and Cambodia and were wondering if it would be appropriate to just give them out as gifts to kids (especially the dental kits) since we won't give cash ever. Or if there is something else we should do. We are currently expats and we don't know the charities here that might accept them.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 25, 15, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
I am resurrecting this old thread because I am facing the same dilemma. But we have dozens and dozens of new and sealed amenity kits, almost 50 toothbrush/dental kits, and more. I have already done everything listed on this thread:

- Sold more interesting kits on Ebay (non-US or US kits in sets)
- Use bags for cords (the SN bag is especially useful)
- Given them to family members flying long-haul coach (AA)
- Use for personal makeup/toiletry bag (CX)
- Use as regular "flight bag" with my own amenities that I want for all flights (UA, surprisingly)
- Simply dug into them to pull out individual items
- Collect special edition kits (current AA vintage sets)
- Thrown them out (OS)

And STILL we have SO MANY kits! We are about to travel to Myanmar and Cambodia and were wondering if it would be appropriate to just give them out as gifts to kids (especially the dental kits) since we won't give cash ever. Or if there is something else we should do. We are currently expats and we don't know the charities here that might accept them.

Any ideas?
My wife is Thai. We give our kits to our niece (5 years old) and she gives them to fellow students at her school who think they are great.
Old Mar 25, 15, 7:03 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
And STILL we have SO MANY kits! Or if there is something else we should do.

Any ideas?
Yes, don't take them when offered.
Old Mar 25, 15, 10:04 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by nux View Post
Yes, don't take them when offered.
That helps very little with the many kits we already have.

Search this Thread