Wiki Posts
Search

Booking hotel from 7am-7pm, possible?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus, Skymiles

Have a 12+ hr layover in Los Angeles, don't mind paying a full nights rate for a hotel, but how would I specify this when booking? Would need to check-in around 7am and would be gone by 7pm. Is this even possible? Not sure what forum this belongs in, thought the general one to start

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
its possible.....might be 2 days price....make sure its clear on the booking....
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Some hotels have rates for "day rooms". Often they are not listed on the hotel website. You might try googling day rooms or day rates and LAX. Or call various hotels and see. Some airports have hotels physically attached which offer day rooms. I don't know about LAX
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:37 am

Lots of hotels hay day rooms. You probably have to call.

Some hotels let you check in and stay for 24 hrs, regardless of when you checked in. IIRC, Four Points by Sheraton at LAX has this policy. I easily could be mistaken about this, however.

EDIT: I was remembering correctly. They have the 24 hour rule, and a day rate from 8am-5pm. Here you go:

Four Points at LAX
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

Pick a hotel and call and ask.
Almost all have day rates and will usually extend to 7pm. Done it several times.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Ex, UA Prem G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton LAX offers day rooms. I stayed there for a 9 hours layover before. I for the points and the stay also. You can reserve it online and by phone.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
http://www.between9and5.com/
http://www.bookadayroom.com/

I've used this place before at LAX, perfect for the day, and lasts till 8pm. Dennys right next door.
http://www.travelodgelax.com/halfday_dayratedayuse.htm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
No hotels attached to any of the LAX terminals. In addition to other good suggestions about calling hotels directly, could also consider Priceline if days rates don't suit.

Originally Posted by manneca
Some hotels have rates for "day rooms". Often they are not listed on the hotel website. You might try googling day rooms or day rates and LAX. Or call various hotels and see. Some airports have hotels physically attached which offer day rooms. I don't know about LAX
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
There are probably a bunch of hotels near LAX with hourly rates. Just sayin'...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by da_erazo
Hilton LAX offers day rooms. I stayed there for a 9 hours layover before. I for the points and the stay also. You can reserve it online and by phone.
Hi,

Likewise , I booked the LAX hilton on a day rate a few years ago. I was a Diamond with hilton then and got upgraded to the Executive level with lounge access ( day rate was about $100)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I think that Hilton is the only chain that allows booking these on their website for all the hotels that offer them. Just have same day for both check in and check out.

Four Points LAX offers flexible 24 hour check in/out. You can choose the time you check in and you can stay for 24 hours. This might work best for you, although you would be only staying for 12 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.