Search

Global Entry

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:34 pm
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Global Entry

Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it if necessary.

My wife and I will be traveling with our 5 month old infant and will both be members of the Global Entry program. Will we need to enroll our 5 month old as well if we want to take advantage of this service? I know we have to get him a passport to travel internationally but I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay the $100 for him with the Global Entry program.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it if necessary.

My wife and I will be traveling with our 5 month old infant and will both be members of the Global Entry program. Will we need to enroll our 5 month old as well if we want to take advantage of this service? I know we have to get him a passport to travel internationally but I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay the $100 for him with the Global Entry program.
Good question. I've been wondering the same thing.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: IHG Gold

Right from the GOES website:

Q: As a Global Entry program member, or NEXUS or SENTRI member with the Global Entry benefit, can I extend my expedited benefit to my travel companion(s) (children, spouse, or co-traveler) who is/are not part of the Global Entry program?
A: Global Entry benefits are member specific and cannot be extended to others.
Q: Are children able to enroll in Global Entry?
A: Yes. Children may enroll in Global Entry. Minor Children 18 years or younger are required to have parental or legal guardianship permission.

I don't see anything about fees being reduced for children at all.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

As far as I know, this is the only difference for children:

"Payment for minors under the age of 18 is collected at the time of the interview. The application status is placed in “Pending Review”, which indicates that CBP has received the application."
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold, IHG Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Same process

I applied for my son when he was 1. Same process, same cost and charged when applying just like the adult application. And you need to do this if you want to use global entry when traveling when with your child. When called for the interview both parents have to go.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:12 pm

Just got it for my 4 week old

Just got it for my 4 week old... Had to pay 100. Got approved in two days. They don't fingerprint young infants.

Yes you have to get it for you kid if you want to use it
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:13 pm

Only one parent needs to go for interview
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:04 pm
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Thanks for the responses everyone. That really is too bad that you have to pay the full price for it. I guess the fact that it's 5 years in length helps out a little bit.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I thought if you were on the same itenary, you both went through together..
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by satman40
I thought if you were on the same itenary, you both went through together..
Yes, you go through on normal line together if you choose to.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:37 pm

I'm trying to picture getting their tiny fingers matched up on the fingerprint reader on the kiosk....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.