FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Global Entry (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1426794-global-entry.html)

Dad to GO Jan 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Global Entry

Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it if necessary.

My wife and I will be traveling with our 5 month old infant and will both be members of the Global Entry program. Will we need to enroll our 5 month old as well if we want to take advantage of this service? I know we have to get him a passport to travel internationally but I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay the $100 for him with the Global Entry program.

salesna Jan 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO (Post 20028514)
Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it if necessary.

My wife and I will be traveling with our 5 month old infant and will both be members of the Global Entry program. Will we need to enroll our 5 month old as well if we want to take advantage of this service? I know we have to get him a passport to travel internationally but I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay the $100 for him with the Global Entry program.

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing.

mapleg Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Right from the GOES website:

Q: As a Global Entry program member, or NEXUS or SENTRI member with the Global Entry benefit, can I extend my expedited benefit to my travel companion(s) (children, spouse, or co-traveler) who is/are not part of the Global Entry program?
A: Global Entry benefits are member specific and cannot be extended to others.
Q: Are children able to enroll in Global Entry?
A: Yes. Children may enroll in Global Entry. Minor Children 18 years or younger are required to have parental or legal guardianship permission.

I don't see anything about fees being reduced for children at all.

Finkface Jan 11, 2013 6:30 pm

As far as I know, this is the only difference for children:

"Payment for minors under the age of 18 is collected at the time of the interview. The application status is placed in “Pending Review”, which indicates that CBP has received the application."

CTheWorldK Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Same process

I applied for my son when he was 1. Same process, same cost and charged when applying just like the adult application. And you need to do this if you want to use global entry when traveling when with your child. When called for the interview both parents have to go.

runningbrave Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Just got it for my 4 week old

Just got it for my 4 week old... Had to pay 100. Got approved in two days. They don't fingerprint young infants.

Yes you have to get it for you kid if you want to use it

runningbrave Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Only one parent needs to go for interview

Dad to GO Jan 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. That really is too bad that you have to pay the full price for it. I guess the fact that it's 5 years in length helps out a little bit.

satman40 Jan 13, 2013 4:32 pm

I thought if you were on the same itenary, you both went through together..

kkjay77 Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by satman40 (Post 20040168)
I thought if you were on the same itenary, you both went through together..

Yes, you go through on normal line together if you choose to.

xooz Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm trying to picture getting their tiny fingers matched up on the fingerprint reader on the kiosk....