Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dealing with excrement

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emma69
I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, I want a clean loo. On the other hand, I don't know if I want the person cleaning the loo, clearing up vomit, and other bodily fluids which could be very harmful to ones health, then serving me my meal. Yes, gloves and aprons go some ways, but on an aircraft where they only have those little sinks to get themselves clean, I am not sure how clean one can really get.
you think that a problem for you, read the job description, or the activities of a nurse in hospital.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by emma69
I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, I want a clean loo. On the other hand, I don't know if I want the person cleaning the loo, clearing up vomit, and other bodily fluids which could be very harmful to ones health, then serving me my meal. Yes, gloves and aprons go some ways, but on an aircraft where they only have those little sinks to get themselves clean, I am not sure how clean one can really get.
I completely agree with you. Unless the flight attendants wear those super
heavy-duty chemical resistant lab gloves that cover all the ups to the elbows.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by pittpanther
Hire a person who's only job is to keep the lavs clean?
Sure. That's what Emirates does. They have 2 crewmembers on the A380 whose only job is to keep the showers and toilets clean. That lets the other 27 cabin crew deal with the passenger service.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a 747 has 12 latrines. seems to me that would keep a crew of 2 busy for the whole flight. if they have time left over, they can mix designer martinis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.