Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by gizmo78
Being told in RIC airport there is an FAA computer outage in the Northeast

Storms, no computers, don't think
I'm getting home this weekend.

Going to bail if next update from US
personnel at 4:30 isn't good news...
Not trying to crosspost, but just saw an Etihad plane come into BOS (as well as the Air China flight I mentioned in another post). Wonder if this is all related?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: All of them...
2 alram fire at FAA on Atlantic City, NJ
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by chff
2 alram fire at FAA on Atlantic City, NJ
The fire is at the FAA Technical Center, I don't believe there are any ATC facilities there. Atlantic City Airport is open, but the road to the airport was temporarily closed. Due to the road closure, some outbound flights may have been delayed.

So I don't think any current flight delays in the Northeast are because of the fire.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT
FWIW, I am on the tarmac at ORD sitting next to the wife of an ATC and am being told that the fire is causing a ground stop on all flights into/out of the Northeast, no ETA on resolution.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by linglingfool
FWIW, I am on the tarmac at ORD sitting next to the wife of an ATC and am being told that the fire is causing a ground stop on all flights into/out of the Northeast, no ETA on resolution.

Hmm. Sounds like my assumption that there aren't any ATC facilities at the Tech Center is wrong.

And I now see that FAA website (fly.faa.gov) that shows airport delays is off-line.

flightstats.com is showing lots of red dots for Northeast airports.

Not looking good.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Again, take this for what it's worth, but apparently to avoid electrical fires firefighters in AC were running around unplugging all of the computer equipment. Even if they do get the fire put out, it will take some time to get everything back online.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:18 pm

Unhappy Still ground stopped

Our flight (LAX->JFK) was diverted to Rochester, been here about four hours so far. We've been told that thunderstorms + fire led to ground stop. Still ongoing...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Thread on Delta board says they cancelled 321 flights into/out of NYC - due to combination of weather and FAA issues. FAA claiming it isn't the fire causing ATC issues but....
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Reuters
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8HN02K20120623

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said the early afternoon (EDT) fire at its technical center in Atlantic City knocked out servers and left some automated systems used to efficiently communicate the status of airport ground operations temporarily unavailable.

With digital information unavailable, airlines could not plan and track their flights as quickly as they normally would at the start of another busy summer weekend for travelers, especially in and out of New York, the world's busiest air space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.