Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any Internal Auditors? (what effect will heavy travel have on my personal life?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Internal Auditors? (what effect will heavy travel have on my personal life?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brendog
You know what's even more tiring and soul-crushing? Commuting to the same office every day and seeing the same people over and over. The biz travel life isn't for everyone, but so long as you have an understanding spouse (I do, thankfully...), it's very rewarding as vacations will be nearly free thanks to miles and points. I've been travelling from 25%-90% for the last 15 years or so, and while I do get tired of the grind from time to time, I've gone feral and could never be cooped up in an office ever again.

The wildcard here is if you end up creating some spawn. My mother traveled 75% of the time for the majority of my childhood and I always thought it was the coolest thing that she got to go all over the world on the company dime. Bring the future ankle-biters back some fun schwag and they'll never notice you were gone.

As with everything else, ymmv...
Amen brother!!

Nothing, even a TPAC in Y, is as horrific as slow cubicle death. The office is for chumps. The road is adventure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.