Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Why do travel sites quote 32 hour journeys (with no stop over or overnight hotel?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do travel sites quote 32 hour journeys (with no stop over or overnight hotel?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Next time maybe you can try the phone booking. Mention the site does not work to avoid the booking fee.
I'm really unlikely to do that unless there is seriously no other way to complete the trip. Talking to humans to book airline tickets...seems so antiquated.

It's interesting when the airline web site does not allow the itinerary as one ticket and the booking site does. In case of IRROPS what are the rules? One ticket or two tickets?
Generally I think *some* airline sites are getting better at showing and ticketing their entire alliance (or close to it). But they still have a long, long way to go. Orbitz in particular seems to show more multi-airline itins than a lot of airline sites.

So, pinniped you say it's always safer to book with the airline's web site in case of IRROPS?
Yes. At least in my own long-ago experience; no idea if this has gotten better. I once had a ticket issued by a third-party agent where the airline itself couldn't easily modify/reissue the ticket. So I was stuck calling back to the travel agent in the USA and getting them to handle the issue. I vowed then to never again use a third party unless I really didn't have a choice.

That said, the travel agent (Orbitz) won the tiebreaker when the other option was spending an hour on the phone with someone like Egypt Air.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: My travel agent
Originally Posted by pinniped
That said, the travel agent (Orbitz) won the tiebreaker when the other option was spending an hour on the phone with someone like Egypt Air.

Thanks for the update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.