Wiki Posts
Search

Credit cards that have baggage fee waivers

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Credit cards that have baggage fee waivers

I'm just wondering how the airlines know that you have a baggage fee waiver from your credit card - is the information coded into your ff acct? Do you have to show the card when you check your bags? Do you have to have used that card to buy that particular ticket?

If someone else buys your ticket and their card has the waiver, do you get the waiver?
Old May 14, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO
As long as your ticket is booked with your FF number attached to it, your baggage fee will be waived (per the cc terms). This is because the cc has your FF number associated with it and the airline knows this so miles can be deposited into your account.

The payment method for the ticket does not have to be the airline cc. The cc does not have to be presented when checking in.

When you check in it will automatically know you should have the baggage fee waived and indicate as much when you check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.