Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Say something to a continual DYKWIM?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Always a tough call

In a situation like the OP described I would just let the FA handle it, although if the cursing was directed to me, I would say something benign like "they are just doing their jobs as best as they can." I only get involved when I sense someone can't defend themselves and is really at risk, and have done so even at my own peril.* Although the DYNWIA in the OP was trying to bully the FAs, he wasn't effective, so nothing to gain by intervening.

* If I see someone getting bullied or harrassed and they can't handle it, I will get involved. Worst time was in Mpls in 1981 on a bus in a bad part of the city. A very big, fat drunk was telling a girl he didn't know how pretty she was and how he wanted to date her. Once he put his hand on her shoulder I was in his face. I told him he could look, talk but not touch. I am not very big, but am pretty solid. He pulled a knife and swiped at me, missed, fell over and knocked himself cold on a seat. I really wasn't worried, even after he pulled the knife because he could hardly stand up. Girl and bus driver were both appreciative, and the police took the guy away.
Old May 12, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
That is likely to get him some very unwelcome attention from a LEO at the next opportunity, so you likely don't need to do anything.

Someone cursing like that SHOULD have an encounter with the men in blue. I would avoid getting involved, since he sounds like a pimp or something similar and might have few compunctions about throwing a punch.
Agreed.

Last year, one of my flights from Copenhagen to LGW (easyJet) was delayed before takeoff, so that a passenger could be removed. During embarkation, he had called one FA a "stupid b**ch".

Once he was gone, the pilot came on air, apologized for the delay, but stated that: "We do not tolerate our cabin staff being abused." Everyone clapped.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DL1986
Just to clarify, he was not cursing at them but as they walked away. Loud enough that i could hear him 2 rows away.
Sound mentally ill to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.