Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Airport Showers

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Best Airport Showers

What are you favorite airport showers around the globe? Looking for free showers like those in Amsterdam Airport, but if there are really good lounge showers want to know about those too!

Mine include the Atlanta E SkyClub showers; Oasis Lounge showers at T4 at JFK; free showers in AMS airport; and shower suites at the First Class terminal at FRA.
Old May 9, 2012, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not free, but KLM lounge showers at AMS and SQ lounge showers at SIN, especially on IFC side in T2 or the ones next to the entrance to TPR in T3. The DL SC showers at DTW and LAX are quite good, as are those in the *A IFC lounge at LAX TBIT and the ANA Suites lounge at NRT.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
FRA FCT and TG BKK
Old May 9, 2012, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kkjay77
FRA FCT and TG BKK
Any LH shower that has a rubber ducky.
Old May 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
DFW, Terminal A, Admirals Club. Huge overhead "rainfall" type shower with side jets coming from multiple angles. Truly a shower worthy of Texas, a paean to water waste, and the best shower I've had anywhere.
Old May 9, 2012, 1:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The shower at the DFW Terminal A Admirals Club. I'd live in that shower if I could figure out a way to eat in there. A couple times after a redeye I've sat under the spray and dozed for a while.
Old May 9, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
The new ones in the E terminal at ATL are pretty nice, and I haven't found a wait there yet (I hit them 1-2 times per week)
Old May 9, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: *G
there are many good ones but the worst relative to my expectation was the Wing HKG
Old May 9, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Ok it's not actually in the airport but I love the Mumbai Hyatt dinner/shower/spa package for $70.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Science Goy
DFW, Terminal A, Admirals Club. Huge overhead "rainfall" type shower with side jets coming from multiple angles. Truly a shower worthy of Texas, a paean to water waste, and the best shower I've had anywhere.
This is the correct answer.
Old May 9, 2012, 8:25 pm

The NH arrivals/domestic lounge at NRT has great water pressure. I've always liked that shower.
Old May 9, 2012, 8:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by deniah
there are many good ones but the worst relative to my expectation was the Wing HKG
Yeah, though to be fair they do the trick. The showers at the HKG Arrivals Lounge a bit better.

Seeing as I'm LHR T5 based, any shower that doesn't loudly gurgle at me will do, and bonus points for one with ventilation so I don't have to get dressed in a sauna.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Those are awesome!
Old May 10, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
yup, my vote also.

Isn't the story behind these that what is now part of the Terminal A Admirals Club used to be the International Departure Lounge (before Terminal D opened)...or something along those lines. AA put in those sweet showers to cater to those (flagship perhaps?) who qualified for it's use.
Old May 10, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Admirals Club in LAX and DFW are awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.